Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ux2 Guitar Input Level

Hi,

Is there not any way in UX2 to control the guitar input level ?

UX2 has (in addition to 2 guitar/instrument inputs) 2 mic inputs which have their own preamp so their level can be bossted or attenuated.

Unfortunately, with guitar/instrument inputs there is no hardware knob doing it. Also, none of the POD soft's knob or faders (whether in/out control on mixer view or volume/gain of various effects) have any  impact on the "recording" level in my DAW.

That is, in Reaper (my DAW), none of those knobs/faders can control the guitar track's meter which shows the input recording level.

I mean, in order to lower the recording level, all I can do is to change my guitar volume knob, nothing else. This is very annoying because I have to remember for each guitar track of each project, the level I set in order for the takes to have constant level so I can blend them.

thanks for any help

You are correct - the guitar input level is not controlled by the UX2. The guitar volume knob is one control. In Reaper you should also be able to adjust the input level for recording.

But How ?

How can I control the input level in Reaper ?

The only thing working for changing the recording level (as I can see in the guitar track's meter of Reaper) is my guitar volume knob !

Are you recording the wet or dry signal?
Do you have POD Farm or POD Farm 2.5?
Do you have the POD Farm 1 or 2.5 plug-in?

In POD Farm 2.5 if you are recording the wet signal you can control the level going to Reaper with either the "Channel" volume of any amp model or with the "Rec Send" faders in the mixer view.

If you are recording the unprocessed dry signal there is typically no reason to control the level, unless you have super hot pups or an acoustic-electric with a built-in preamp in which case you would use the PAD input .

If you do have the plug-in a typical workflow is to record the wet and dry simultaneously and the apply the plug-in to the dry track post processing.

• 1 year later...

Late to the party, but this may be of some help to anyone who has this problem in Reaper.

If you guitar signal is low/high, you can use the Pod farm plugin to adjust it, but the track display in Reaper shows you the FX you are using post-input, so adjusting the volume will have no effect on the input gain.

Luckily, when using Reaper, there is a "Track Input FX gain" for each track.

To access it, arm the track you are recording onto, then right click on the meter section of the track display and "Track Input FX Gain" is the option at the bottom of the pop up menu. 

I simply put an instance of Pod farm on this with a blank patch, and that lets me adjust the input level accordingly via the "input" knob at the top of the plugin

Hope this helpse someone