Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No input from Sonic Port

pvbaelen

My Sonic Port stopped working yesterday. I have had it for over a year using it mostly trouble free with an IPhone 4S and IPad 2. I was on IOS 7 and suddenly it stopped working. Typically, when you plug it in, you'll see the red light on top flash which apparently indicates you have a connection. Now I get nothing, no light, no input, only "no Line 6 device recognized". I used it yesterday with my IPhone and Audiobus. At one point it locked up and I had to reboot the phone, however it worked after that until last night. I figured maybe it died and went a bought a new one at GC. I brought it home and I find that the box I bought was apparently a return (everything was open and obviously had been used). I decided to try it anyway and nothing. The microphone is on. I also tried upgrading the IPad to IOS 8 and that didn't help. I'm at a loss, are these things that cheap and fragile or is there some configuration that could have been changed? 

I also noticed in one of the other posts that it doesn't list IPhone 4 as being supported which I don't understand because it was previously. How can you remove support after you claimed support? And it also says 4th and 5th generation IPad are supported which I assume are IPad 4 and 5. I have an IPad 2 which, again, Sonic Port has worked with for over a year and now it is supposedly not supported?

The problem turned out to be the cable. I ordered another Sonic Port (I wanted another one anyway) and the new cable worked with the old Sonic Port. The cable that went bad was a relatively new one that I got from Full Compass ($35!!!!!) so this is definitely something that needs to be looked at. Either the connectors need improvement or bring the cable prices down to something reasonable. $15 max is a bit more in line with what it's worth.