Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Pickguard?

I remember from the old forum one of the members saying he had a custom pick guard made for his new JTV69 from Greasy Groove.

I found their site via Google and here is the link for the pickguard section: http://www.greasygroove.com/categories.php?cat=4

You may want to also note what Line 6 Tony has stated above regarding having Line 6 authorized repair centre do the work for you.

Clay-man, one of our techs came across this thread and advised the following:

...swapping a pick-guard is not as easy it it may seem. too easy to muck it up. He should take it to a Service Center and have them do it.

Service Centers can be found at http://line6.com/find/service_center/.

If anything I'd want them to swap a maple 69s neck on a sunburst 69.

• 1 month later...

Full Compass is the place to go. You can replace if you are careful. If you have done it on a conventional strat, it is not too different, you just have more things to remove from the pickguard. There is one part attached with a little gummy, non-brittle adhesive (the model knob). Everything else is screws or nuts. The hardest part is that the dumb bridge will come off if the strings are off, and it's a pain to get it seated again.