Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

help with my pod hd500 out lines

hi everybody my prioblem is this, 

when i use my  pod hd 500 in my marshall mg50fx in the front panel it gives me a very high sound,

but when i use it in the back and insert the cable on the send port it gets way too low sound 

please help me to fix this

Surely the SEND jack on the back of your marshall is for an FX loop, ie you come out of the marshall SEND jack to the INPUT of your HD500 then from the output of the HD500 you return to the RETURN jack on the marshall.

PS, you'll likely get more replies (not to mention more appropriate ones) by posting in the POD discussion area: http://line6.com/support/forum/18-pod-hd/

• 2 weeks later...

Post in POD HD

Couple of things you may want to try

1. There is a small switch near the pedal marked 1/4" out line/amp if you are connected from the front make sure this is AMP

2. Check that the patch you are using doesn't have a high level output on the mixer block

3. As the dials on the POD don't match the patch until you move them make sure that they are not cranked up along with the values on-board the patch

If you plug to the back of the amp this is really for the FX loop and is between the pre amp and power amp.  You can use it this way but need to connect to FX return on the amp and only use a pre amp block in the HD500 not a complete amp model.