Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Large volume drop when PODHD500X disconnected?

GazzaBloom

Guys,

I have been playing my DT25 combo with my PODHD500X connected via L6 Link exclusively for a while using the Blackface Clean Normal Pre model, same as Topology I on the amp itself.

I have the mixer set at 0db and channels panned to center. The POD master volume is at Max.

This used to sound exactly the same the Topology 1 on the amp but I disconnected the POD tonight and switched the amp back on and plugged in directly and was shocked to find a huge volume drop when setting the amp the same as the POD settings. When I switch on Low Volume Mode it seems to make very little difference as thought the amp is in some sort of LVM already.

i did a reset by powering up again with the 2 toggles pinched togethe but no change. I tried the other topologies and they all sound quiet, I have to crank the master up to someway above 1/2 way to get any real volume and i used to fidn that I couldn't really go above 9 o clock before it got too loud.

Any ideas whats going on here?

I plug the POD back in and the volume is back to what I would expect

Gazza

I guess it depends on your channel volume as well. I have dealt with the same issue and just chalked it up to having an extra master volume knob when using the pod. There's some magic they aren't telling us about in regards to L6 link.

I think its normal.  A couple of firmware updates ago the POD master had no effect on the DT so you only used the DT master. Now the POD master has an effect and you keep it maxed.  When you disconnect it, its normal to have to crank the DT master to get a similar volume level.

By the way, selecting LVM will not lower your volume, it just adds power section modeling for you when you are using the DT at low volumes if you want it.

Youre right radarats, reflashed and it is normal. Master has to be cranked on DT to get same volume. It must be the relationship between the PODHD master and the DT master volume.

I've had the POD connected for so lomg that I hadn't realised the differeence.

Gazza