Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone willing to offer patch services for hd500?

jl255

That's awesome. Tks alot for the tip. Really appreciate it.

Any reason why you suggest analog delay instead of a digital delay? And the tempo sync when you say quarter notes is 16 beats to a bar?

use 2 delays (analog delay with modulation FXs could be a good choice) together:

one set to quarter notes..

the other one on dotted eights..

adjust the number of repetitions (feedback) and mix settings..

then use the tap tempo function to sync with the song basic beats (quarter notes)..

play the eights notes of the main riff..

done!

i'm using the hd500 and i've set up 1/8 (dotted) delay followed by 1/4 delay both using analog w/ mod. I've set feedback on both to really low of about 15% with mix about 50%. But its still no where close to the desired effect. The attack of the patch is no where close.

The patch can be found here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?d373hqzcqqekj8b

What am i doing wrong?

Wow, tks. Didn't even realize that delays should be put parallel instead of series. :(

I've followed all your guides and got this:

https://www.mediafire.com/?d373hqzcqqekj8b

Is this roughly what you got? Still doesn't sound right. I'm not getting the strong delays that make the sound so full. My rough bpm is 133 based on my tap (just to confirm that my tap is correct).

But if it's what you got, then its my playing that is the problem now then....

I hear three repeats per note in the video. Check me on this. You can hear it the clearest at approx. :52,:53 The bpm is about 140. 140 bpm is approx. 429 ms. Try a delay of approx 215ms to 107 ms and then adjust your feedback so you hear 3 repeats. Mix should be at least 40% I think. I'm doing all of this wihtout hearing it so sorry if this doesn't do it. Anyway, then play arpeggios at the tempo of the song and see what you get.

• Upvote 1

don't be mistaken, i don't doubt what you said, just wanted to clarify that i have done what you suggested previously. perhaps i uploaded the wrong file then. i don't know what could be the reason, but using your patch, i don't get the same fullness of sound. The echos are also much softer than in the video isn't it?

Maybe i just don't know how to play the muted sound....

Hey jl255, :)

I made a new patch different than yours, and I used 2 delays in parallel mode with the same time settings I already described previously, and I tweaked a bit their other parameters..

here is how it sounds like:

https://soundcloud.com/hurghanico/happy-day-g-sound

Excellent patch!

-Bill