Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question about buying a used POD Studio UX2

you don't "HAVE" to register it... you generally can...

just keep in mind you won't get any extra licenses etc.... only the pod farm 1.x software, monkey, and the drivers...

if you decide you want model packs etc... then you would need to register...

Maybe you can try it out first, You can ask the owner to unregister it, if indeed it's been registered, ya never know. You could also call Line 6 and ask them what they think. I have one of the TonePort UX2's and I still use GearBox. That little box can sound great, hope you get one. Good luck with whatever you do.

I just got off the phone with custom service and they said it's very easy to re-register, you just put in the Serial number it will ask you couple questions and your pretty much done with that part, hopefully. Is the black face the newest one.

Cool, Hope you get it!!!!!! I just had a blast making these with the red faced UX2 >>>> Cool Drums Shred & YoYo Bros II

Very nice playing an sound. Does the Pod come with some drum tracks or is that from another problem. I got Audacity and Cakewalk music creator 4, Audacity is difficulty easier to uses.

Hey Thanx, I was using RiffWorks & Instant Drummers along with GearBox & Audacity. I also have Ableton Live 8. If I had my own drum set I would try to record them using the UX2 to see what kind of results I get.

you'll want 2 main programs gearbox which is the editor and interface for the x3 hardware.

and pod farm 1.x which is a plugin for recording.

you don't have to worry about model packs at all with an x3, since it comes with all of them completely unlocked!

if you decide that want upgrade your software pod farm 2.5+ is an option... adds some more capabilities to pod farm (midi, 64bit, multiple of the same stomp boxes, flexible effects chain, standalone usage, and hardware independent operation) don't worry if those extras don't make much sense to you now... once you start using pod farm and having questions they will make more sense.

both pod farm and gearbox will work with custom tone downloads.