Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 400 no sound after updated drivers and firmware

jyefko

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jim.I'm new to the forum and have a problem maybe one of you can help me with.

I have a POD HD400 that I bought last month. I do my own recording and was using a Digitech guitar processor before this. The 400 is a great processor and has many editing functions. Problem is that i played with it for about a month and then plugged it in to update it. I got the new drivers and firmware and after all was said and done i have no sound. It's as if my guitar isn't plugged in anymore.

Anyone have any experience with this problem?

Windows 8.1, Instruments are plugged into a Yamaha usb audio codec, in my playback and record tabs everything is how it should be. Btw the installations were a success for the 400.

Hi Jim - Welcome to the forums - sorry it had to be because of your HD400.

I would go through and double check your input and output settings on the unit itself and make sure it has sound to an amp/headphones. Then work from there. It may be that a reflash might be needed.

Not sure what the Yamaha USB codec is but if its its a usb hub of some sort that may be the problem. Maybe you could try the HD straight in to your DAW.

-B

HD400 can have an unusual behavior in regards to its USB interface. I got the same behavior to happen on mine a few times. You can notice this if you connect your PC usb to the HD400 while it is unpowered. PC will detect it, but nothing works. I found I could repeat the issue where my HD400 would no longer make any sound if I powered the HD400 down while USB was still connected to the PC. Anyhoo, connecting the USB and disconnecting (let the PC detect it) while the HD400 is powered cleared the condition. Anyway, not sure if this is the issue but thought it might be related and worth mentioning...The only other thing I can think to check would be the USB level in the System Menu of teh HD400 itself...If that is all the way down, there will be no sound.

Thank you for the replies guys.

I will go through my settings again and see if that's the issue, and if not i will re-install the firmware and flash.

BillBee, It's a Yamaha audiogram 6, that's what i meant by usb audio codec. Sorry i have been brainwashed of the name from reading about it and making selections through windows..lol

I will let you guys know if it is a success.

Did you re-calibrate the pedal after updating? I had this happen once and it was because the volume pedal was out of calibration after the update and was just calibrated to a volume of zero. Re-calibrating corrected it in my case.

Flash Memory downloads and installs ok.But when i try to install the firmware because it says it is out of date. It keeps saying.

Could not establish a connection with the POD 400 and to check my cables..i don't get it.  if the flash downloaded t the pod,the firmware should be able to because there is obviously a connection right?    :/

Does the tuner pick up a signal?

The flash memory for the HD400 is the firmware. You can DL the flash and use the install offline approach.

Can you try a different USB cable and if that fails look for an old PC just to see if its the unit and not a PC issue?

I know it can be quite maddening.

-B

Update,

Did a factory reset (lost all my patches) ,callibrated the expression peddal and now i have sound again. It works.

However it still doesn't explain the firmware not installing because of a "connection" issue.

@Alienux - Good Call man :) 

hurghanico - i will try another cable and to try to use a file from the site and install from the desktop and see if that works to get that up to date.

Thank you everyone for the help, I really appriciate everyone trying to help me troubleshoot this.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Hey guys.

How's it going ?

Not getting any sound out of my POD HD400 at the moment. Have done all the usual stuff .... factory reset, firmware update and pedal calibration.

Noticed higher up in the thread someone mentioned the tuner. When I go into the tuner there's no signal registering....wondering if there could be a problem with the guitar input socket ?

TIA

• 1 year later...