Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Same old output volume issues HD500

bradschlievert

When will Line6 finally look into the output volume issue that the HD500 has? I have followed their manuals and setup videos and it changes nothing? I have contacted them directly ...nothing!!! 

I want to use the HD500 as a pedal board, my blues jr sounds great on its own,but I keep running into the low output volume issue.

Line6 when will you address this issue? It's as simple as a firmware update but you do nothing. I know the HD500X is out but I won't be upgrading simply because the issues you haven't addressed on the HD500.

I simply want this issue fixed. I can plug in any pedal and it is way louder than this unit. I have searched the forums and find the usal add a full amp to the patch, raise the decbs. in the mixer and even the "use a patch cable in the fx loop and raise the output".

Also when my usb is connected to the HD500 I get a ton of static and noises thru my amp. I'm sure there is an easy fix for this.

What say you Line6?

I've actually never heard anyone say they have an issue with getting enough output from the HD500. I've used mine for effects only, and I find that with the amp/line switch set to "amp" and the master volume near full volume, I get near unity gain.

• Upvote 1

Never heard of "low volume" problems - my HD500 run into a power amp/line in is quite mind numbingly loud and with the USB cable connected (when editing) I've never have heard any static or noises (on ~ 4 different amps SS & tube).

You may have other issues going on - whether with the unit or other equipment.

Just sayin'

-B

• Upvote 1

i'm with the other 2 replies...

you're asking to fix an issue that noone but you has...

not saying that others haven't had to make adjustments etc because of their desired volume...

but there is no inherent issues with the outputs on the HD500

• Upvote 1