Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal

ddufour

I just bought the Line 6 EX1 expression pedal for my FBV Shortboard and Spider 4 Amp.

Not quite sure what it really does. I hooked it up and it takes over my volume pedal on the board.

I was hoping I could some how use it for volume boost for solos as my feet are too big to press

the FUNCTION 1 button without hitting other buttons next to it. Any body have any ideas what or how

to use this? If all it does is take over the volume pedal on the Shortboard then I don't need it.

I started the Spider edit software to see if the pedal showed up anywhere to edit it but I don't see it.

Any clues?

Dan

I've used the EX1 as a volume pedal with the shortboard (so I can use a cocked wah with the other) but I don't have a S4 so I couldn't tell you what is what as far as assigns go for it.

You could just use it as a vol pedal and use the fbv's pedal for a function assign if it lets you. I'm there is more info in the manual.

-B 

I've used the EX1 as a volume pedal with the shortboard (so I can use a cocked wah with the other) but I don't have a S4 so I couldn't tell you what is what as far as assigns go for it.

You could just use it as a vol pedal and use the fbv's pedal for a function assign if it lets you. I'm there is more info in the manual.

-B 

I was hoping I could assign 1 of the pedals to some kind of volume boost but don't see how. No manual came with it.

Here are the manuals. Like I said before no Spider iv here (or FBV Mk II) but you can always make a copy of the patch with the boost in it and switch to that patch then back when the lead work is through (usually what I do) and I have a pair of hooves too :)

http://line6.com/support/manuals/spideriv75

-B

You can use the EX1 to control volume, tone or any other adjustable parameter (not on/off) in the FX, but you need to program it to do so.

Can I use it to change the boost parameter to maybe zero with heel down and +3 with toe down?

Where do you actually program it?

I just bought the Line 6 EX1 expression pedal for my FBV Shortboard and Spider 4 Amp.

Not quite sure what it really does. I hooked it up and it takes over my volume pedal on the board.

I was hoping I could some how use it for volume boost for solos as my feet are too big to press

the FUNCTION 1 button without hitting other buttons next to it. Any body have any ideas what or how

to use this? If all it does is take over the volume pedal on the Shortboard then I don't need it.

I started the Spider edit software to see if the pedal showed up anywhere to edit it but I don't see it.

Any clues?

Dan

download the line6 monkey software onto your computer and hook your mkii pedal to your computer vie the usb cable. when you open the mkii software you can change what  the expression pedal  controls  good luck! 

What i do is program one of my presets with the same setting as my rhythm channel, then add a boost to the channel volume.

it's easier to just hit one button for a solo boost than messing with any movable pedal.

you can add any effect to be on, or change the delay setting for that channel to your liking, it's all there with 1 click.

During the gap between songs, you can change your patch if needed for a new bank of tones,

I'm easy, 1 dirty, 1 lead boost, and a clean channel is all i need, so all my presets are on the same bank. 

• 2 months later...

A couple nights ago I used the Spider 4 75 for the first time with the band.

I had several patches I wanted to try and very quickly found one I could

use for probably 80% of our song list. When I would step on the FUNCTION 1

switch to turn on the BOOST, everything was fine, but occasionally I would

step on the STOMP switch or FUNCTION 2 switch by accident, then things

weren't fine.

I quickly connected to the editing software and tried to change the volume pedal to

75% heel down and 100% toe down position, and turned the master volume up a bit.

Just couldn't seem to get the 2 volumes to work for me.

I tried copying the patch and add the BOOST already on in the copied patch, but switching

between the 2 patches sounded obvious like a brief delay between them.

This morning I made an attempt to edit the FBV and swap the FUNCTION 1 and FUNCTION 2

switches because I thought it would be easier to only step on the FUNCTION 2 switch and maybe I

could block the FUNCTION 1 switch as I don't use the looper. Even though I could see the change

in the editing software (which I saved), the pedal still works the way it came. FUNCTION 1 turned on the BOOST

and FUNCTION 2 turned on the looper.

What I would really like to do is swap the TAP/TUNER switch with the FUNCTION 1 switch. That way the BOOST

switch would be easily accessible without hitting other switches. Is this possible? I am not having any luck with

the manual, and not sure why swapping the 2 FUNCTION switches didn't work in the first place.

A couple nights ago I used the Spider 4 75 for the first time with the band.

I had several patches I wanted to try and very quickly found one I could

use for probably 80% of our song list. When I would step on the FUNCTION 1

switch to turn on the BOOST, everything was fine, but occasionally I would

step on the STOMP switch or FUNCTION 2 switch by accident, then things

weren't fine.

I quickly connected to the editing software and tried to change the volume pedal to

75% heel down and 100% toe down position, and turned the master volume up a bit.

Just couldn't seem to get the 2 volumes to work for me.

I tried copying the patch and add the BOOST already on in the copied patch, but switching

between the 2 patches sounded obvious like a brief delay between them.

This morning I made an attempt to edit the FBV and swap the FUNCTION 1 and FUNCTION 2

switches because I thought it would be easier to only step on the FUNCTION 2 switch and maybe I

could block the FUNCTION 1 switch as I don't use the looper. Even though I could see the change

in the editing software (which I saved), the pedal still works the way it came. FUNCTION 1 turned on the BOOST

and FUNCTION 2 turned on the looper.

What I would really like to do is swap the TAP/TUNER switch with the FUNCTION 1 switch. That way the BOOST

switch would be easily accessible without hitting other switches. Is this possible? I am not having any luck with

the manual, and not sure why swapping the 2 FUNCTION switches didn't work in the first place.

I would LOVE to be able to do this too!

I haven't found a way yet though.  I even thought of voiding the warranty and taking a risk by taking it to a technician to have it rewired.  I'm not even sure if that would be possible.  That switch is the most logical spot for the boost.