Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD Desktop huge volume spike /w/ tuner problem

xxxsoundxxx

Pod HD desktop 2.32  Regardless of if i have the tuner set to mute or bypass, disengaging the tuner creates a HUGE volume spike if you happen to be putting any signal through your guitar. - Enough to tic the owner of the P.A off and scare the $&!# out of the audience.

The workaround is to make damn sure you mute the strings, but any mistake and....POW.......!!!

I just know I can't be the only ont that recognizes this it's pretty major!! I did a search and surprisingly came up with nothing.

Fixes?

• 3 months later...

This is happening to me too.  I think Line 6 expects us to run the POD with the master volume at 12 o'clock or higher.  At this volume the "spike" isn't too noticable.  However, when running the POD at home going through something like Crate Power Block RCA inputs that don't have their own master volume, the POD is usually only on 1.  At this volume, exiting from the tuner can be very loud indeed unless you are careful to mute the strings or turn the guitars volume off.  For home use now I am running through the AUX input on an Orange Micro Terror.  This is better for me as the amp volume affects the AUX input, so I can run the amp on 1 and the POD at 12 o'clock.  No more worries about jumping out of my skin!

That is weird...I use the HD Desktop almost exclusively regardless of the situation....running direct, amp, amp direct....etc....Right now I am running thru my old Flex3xl and using the XLRs off the Flexy...my tuner never pops...

I suppose something I could try and ask....I NEVER access the tuner on the HD iteslf as I am always using a shortboard....Also, my HD Desktop USB is NEVER connected...

When you access the tuner, how are you access it? via the HD or a shortboard?

Do you ever have your USB hooked up the Edit? (That is not a good idea in a live situation...The application is not stable enough for that IMHO)

I only access it using the shortboard, and I'm not using USB just the 1/4" outputs.  The tuner doesn't "pop" but what happens is that for a split second the pod seems to be on full volume. 

I've found that it's only really noticeable if you run the pod with the master volume down quite low.  The difference is volume is then very noticable.  The sort of situation where this is an issue is where you have a single channel amp with an effects loop.  If you plug the pod into the effects return (i.e. straight to power amp) you are bypassing the amps volume control so the amp is always full volume.  You therefore have to rely on the pod's master volume control for your volume.  At gig volume the problem is not too bad as the master volume will be a lot higher, but at home when you don't want to run the master volume above 1 or 2 the volume jump when exiting from the tuner can be very loud.