Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Drum Machine into Aux In HD500X

kevinlegault

How do I bypass the FX settings for each patch? Connecting my drum machine through the Aux In causes my drum machine to also pick up all effects for that setting. I have gone through the settings and switched my second input to Aux an set the system to global, but my Aux In is still effected. Thanks for reading.

Or if you want a more "rugged" option, add an FX Loop as the last effect and plug the Drum machine 1/4" outs into the FL Loop return, then set the FX Loop Mix to 50%. I do this a lot with a Keyboard to avoid dragging around a separate mixer.

If you just want to practice with the drum machine using one of the analog outputs (either headphones, XLR, or 1/4") then plug your drum machine into the CD/MP3 input. It won't come out the SPDIF or USB and it's completely isolated and unprocessed by all the patches and FX blocks. Then you don't have to go mucking around the signal paths you've painstakingly setup.

• Upvote 3

If you just want to practice with the drum machine using one of the analog outputs (either headphones, XLR, or 1/4") then plug your drum machine into the CD/MP3 input. It won't come out the SPDIF or USB and it's completely isolated and unprocessed by all the patches and FX blocks. Then you don't have to go mucking around the signal paths you've painstakingly setup.

Great answer IMHO.

Yes you do have to set it for every patch, and it takes up an effects slot - it is the option to use if you want the drum machine (or any other electronic instrument like a synth) to be mixed when on stage, but for home practice the mp3 input will do fine.