Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using a headset with TonePortGX

carlosgrau

Hi everyone,

I've recently got a mic/headphone headset, the kind you'd use for Skype or gaming, with the intention of using it with my TonePortGX, so I can listen to myself sing while I play. I can't seem to get the TonePortGX to recognize the mic, although it works fine with the headphones part of the headset.

There must be some singing guitarists out there, so I was wondering if anyone uses the TonePort in this way. 

I also tried to get the TonePort's signal to go out of my laptop speakers (in which case I could just plug the headset into the laptop, which would recognise the mic) but no success either... Any ideas?

Thanks!

Carlos.

The TonePort GX will not recognize the mic part of your headset it's only for stereo listening. As far your computer you would need a port which uses a port with headset and mic combined. I'm not sure if it work the way you want it too. Probably the UX1 would be better for mixing voice and guitar.