Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

midi controller search

gtrman66

Hi all,

I'm a noob to computer recording so please bear with me. I am in the process of putting together a home studio and find myself in need of a keyboard midi controller; preferably with pads to trigger samples also. I'm not a keyboard player but would like to be able to play some of the virtual instruments in Studio One pro 2 with the keys, and use the pads to trigger drum sounds from ez drummer 2. I'm trying to stay around the $100ish price range if possible but if there's something out there that's a better fit that costs a bit more I will definitely consider it. My setup is a line 6 pod hd usb'd to a mid 2010 iMac with 16 gigs ram running Studio One Professional 2, 2 Eris 8 monitors, and a presonus faderport. I'm leaning toward the M-Audio oxygen 25 or something similar but I was curious to see what others on the forum were using. I'd also like to find a controller that requires minimal setup and tweaking if possible.....or at least doesn't require a computer science degree to install lol.....Any suggestions?

i personally use and love my m-audio axioms. i have the 25 and the 61.

you'll likely have a lot of setup no matter which one you choose... 

that's just the nature of the beast.. some units have downloadable templates from the manufacturer, and some will have community provided templates...

that can sometimes help... but don't count on it.. may not fit your needs.