Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD PRO X on the way and I have ?'

federalhog

So it's on its way to me. I have a Rocktron Velocity 300 on the way and a Mesa Recto 2x12 with V30's on the way too. From what I'm reading, people seem to like the POD PRO > powered PA speakers instead of Power amp Cab. 

I'm wondering if this is true. 

I also have 2 L3T's and 1 L3M and 2 L2T's as well to try out. 

Is there anything I should know as far as setup for the Pod HD Pro X > power amp > cab?

Thanks. 

People like the POD HD into a powered PA Speaker because the they are Full Range Flat Response ( you will see noted as FRFR commonly) so the POD will sound exactly as it was intended. This is not to say you can't have great tone with a power amp to gutiar cab or event using it with a normal gutiar amp. The power amp and guitar cabinet will color of the POD but that could be a good thing, depending on what you are going for. You just might need to adjust the POD to fit the sound and know the if you setup a patch with headphones, it will sound different with the rig. I find this true even for FRFR systems becuase the headphones themselves color the sound to some extent.

• Upvote 1

I use a UX2, X3Pro, HD500 into a DT50/DT25 Cab, a Spider Jam, Jet City Picovalve/JCA12S+ Cab, and even a VOX Mini3, lol. Sounds Great with all of them. Depends on what you results your trying to get for the application your using it with. I think it would it would sound great with stereo PA speakers. I use the two tube amps I have in stereo and the sound just blows me away.