Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G90 not receiving new TBP12 transmitter

xelalex35

Hi All

I am super happy with my G90 relay that i bought second hand. so happy that i decided to order a second TBP12 transmitter to use on stage with my second bass. 

when i received it (brand new) yesterday i realized it didn't work. 
Battery are new (battery logo is fully charged) 
Audio light is green, so the transmitter seems to receive a signal from the instrument
whatever the channel i select, the G90 receiver keeps showing "no signal" on the screen, but my old TBP12 transmitter works fine on every channel i tryed. 

i thought maybe there was a kind of a setup to do on a new transmitter by i haven't seen anything like that on the manual? (and if something was done on the old one i can't do the same since i bought it used. 

thank you guys for your help! 

Alex

• 4 weeks later...

Could it be that your G90 is running V1 firmware and your new transmitter is in RF2 mode?  When you power up the transmitter the display will briefly show RF1 or RF2. 

You can check the firmware on the G90 by going to the Version screen and pushing the encoder. Anything less than 2.0 will not work with a Transmitter in RF2 mode. If that is the issue you can fix it very quickly by switching it to RF1 mode as follows.

To Set The THH12 Or TBP12 Transmitters (Including Relay G50/90):

• Enter Setup mode to display the current channel
  • While holding down the SELECT button, press and release the ON/MUTE button on the THH12 or VALUE button on the TBP12, then release the SELECT button. The display will briefly show [XD-V75 RF1] or [XD-V75 RF2] to indicate whether it is operating in the old or new mode, respectively. This setting is retained when powering off, so as a reminder the display will also show this indication [RF1 or RF2] each time power is turned on. The XD-V75 receiver will display a [To] on the far right of the display to indicate while communicating with a RF1 software transmitter. [Tx] indicates units operating in RF2 mode. They must ALL be the same.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I bought a TBP12 extra transmitter for my relay G90 in order to use a second guitar, I change the TBP12 to RF2 and use it in rehearsal without any problem, but last friday when I was making soudcheck for a gig, new transmitter can´t stay in RF2, everytime I set it, it comes back at RF1, I was very frustrate it, I didn´t get time to figure it out what was happening, so I played with just 1 guitar changing tunnings every now and then.

Do you have any idea why this happen? how can I fixed it? thanks.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the confusion here - if you have older Relay products (before RF2 was released) it will not have the option to switch between the two.  We recommend having your Relay systems updated to the latest software to ensure you can move back and forth as needed - check the knowledge based documents for the procedure.

RE; the difference between RF1 and RF2: RF1 works on four carrier waves, while RF2 works on two.  RF2 was created to "play nicely" with other WiFI in the vicinity, and offers additional scanning options on the higher end Line 6 wireless units.  but if your guitar signal is more important you can run RF1.  I have done this in performance situations from Australia to the US to Europe and never had an issue.