Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Why no drive pedal in mobile pod?

Each time I bought line 6 stuff I had almost every fx included. I don't understand why they didn't add ovd, dist or fuzz pedals in mobile pod. I took sonic port over IK amplitude cause it comes with everything. But I don't understand why thoses pedals are not included.

I can drive with amp gain but no fuzz. Please add at least a fuzz or a screamer

I agree totally. The whole Mobile Pod app is somewhat disappointing - sound quality is good (as are, lets face it, most amp sims these days), but the number of effects is really disappointing. I'm a long time Line 6 user, have an old red UX2, and love my older version of POD Farm, but I totally expected that Mobile POD would have a similar complement of effects. It's a really short list. Also, I think it should have a 2 signal chain capability - most iPads have more than enough horsepower to process.

Worst case, it would be nice for Line 6 to sell an upgrade that gives you features at least approaching full-blown POD Farm, say $50-$100, and you get 2-3 versions of each effect category, two signal chains. 

As it is, I actually use Positive Grid software most of the time. Cheap, works well, and has a good starting complement of effects, and ability to buy more.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Agree, when i saw the 1.7 update i had high hopes but was bitterly disappointed. Interestingly the Line 6 Mobile POD web page states : Choose from an amazing collection of distortions, delays, mods, filters, reverbs and more.......

Also, on Idea Scale  Midi Footswitch Bluetooth controllability shows as implemented? 

Each time I bought line 6 stuff I had almost every fx included. I don't understand why they didn't add ovd, dist or fuzz pedals in mobile pod. I took sonic port over IK amplitude cause it comes with everything. But I don't understand why thoses pedals are not included.

I can drive with amp gain but no fuzz. Please add at least a fuzz or a screamer

I was wondering why they stopped with it too. I still use it sometimes though. I think they just moved on and put all the energy into AMPLIFI which works with the newer iPhones, iPads and iPods were as the Mobile In still works with older iPad which is limited to iOS 5.1.,1.

That's great news! Delighted to see a couple of updates and especially happy to see the overdrive pedal added.

I know that these are only pod2.0 tones but still impressed with the quality. If it ever gets bluetooth pedal support I will be able to use it for live work when on travels.

Keep up the good work guys

Tx!

• 3 weeks later...