Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod X3 Live OSX Yosemite

maxjstep

I downloaded and installed Version 7.3.6 Released 10/14/14 which states: This version adds support for OS X Yosemite. OS: Mac OS X, Mac OS Snow Leopard, Mac OS Lion, Mac OS Mountain Lion, Mac OS Mavericks, Mac OS Yosemite

IT DOESN'T!!! 

I agree.

• Upvote 1

After the update from Mavericks to Yosemite each time I turn off or unplug the Pod x3 Pro my MacBook Pro crashes.

I already uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the latest x3 driver (7.3.6) but still the same issue. 

This messes up my whole computer! Common line6

• Upvote 1

so can someone tell me whats going on with this? I have Yosemite, turning my POD on causes my Mac to crash and it goes into a loop of starting and crashing and so on as above. Has this been sorted out? I uninstalled my driver and installed the latest one (which says it works with Yosemite) but yet the same thing keeps happening! I am losing work because of this! Are you going to compensate me Line 6? I downloaded and installed Version 7.3.6 Released 10/14/14 which states: This version adds support for OS X Yosemite. OS: Mac OS X, Mac OS Snow Leopard, Mac OS Lion, Mac OS Mountain Lion, Mac OS Mavericks, Mac OS Yosemite

IT DOESN'T!!! Someone help me out here please!

You're in the same boat as the rest of us. Hopefully the fix is ready soon, but I wouldn't count on it because Line 6 has not updated this thread with any info, besides acknowledging the problem exists almost 2 weeks ago. Hopefully they will surprise us with a fix in the next couple of days, or at least update us and let us know they are working on it. As of right now, everything looks like it is up in the air because there hasn't been any info from Line 6.

Somebody noted that their M-Audio equipment has not been working with Yosemite, but mine is working great with the new OS. In fact, all of my equipment and programs have transitioned to Yosemite extremely well. Besides the POD, of course.

Same issue here. Of course the issue is you can't go back to an earlier driver if you have already upgraded the OS X to Yosemite, because of the 10.1 vs 10.10 issue.  This should be a very easy fix for Line6 to accomplish.  Their silence on this matter is deafening and inaction is disturbing.  I own a bunch of Line6 products and my Pod X3 is only 5 years old.  I would expect Line6 to do the right thing for their loyal customers.

It doesn't work for me too.

Yosemite + Macbook Pro 2013 + SSD Samsung + Line 6 Monkey fresh install + POD X3 Live

Update drivers 7.3.6 ask mm to restarted when I comme back to line6 Monkey the update is not apply.

Bad work Line6 !!!!

• Upvote 1

Relax, they are working on an updating the software...

noone said that they were not going to address the issue.

Hey Line6, we have been waiting almost a month now to get the POD X3 working with Yosemite ! When will you start taking your customers comments seriously ??!!

• Upvote 1

Hey Line6, we have been waiting almost a month now to get the POD X3 working with Yosemite ! When will you start taking your customers comments seriously ??!!

They don't give a S*. Noone has replied. 

They simply want us to buy new hardware which won't happen because there is no respect to us.

I've been a Line6 client for the past 8 years. 

I've already started to search in other companies for similar equipment, targeting in software support and updates. 

and of course GETTING SOMEONE TO SAY A WORD !

• Upvote 1

Same issue here.

Upgraded to Yosemite. 

After install it would be on a crash loop. (restart, crash, restart, crash...) until I unplugged everything in USB. I have since figured out it's my X3 Live causing the issue. 

I loaded monkey and got notice that there is a newer version of monkey but I can't get it because it's looking for a OS higher than 10.5. I have 10.10 so it's thinking I have something lower than 10.5...

I opened the older version of monkey. It tells me there are new drivers for X3 but I can't download because it requires a OS higher than 10.6...

Same issue as above. 

Now I can't record because all my sounds come from X3... I guess I can go through analog out and into my A/D converter which is not ideal for me.

Please fix this...

I know you are working hard but it's been frustrating...

Thanks for reading.

• Upvote 1

Dear colleagues, 

I think we have been abandoned by line 6.

Do you believe that this company really hasn't been able to develop a driver from receiving Yosemite Developer version?

We are alone, a real shame, because if so I will never buy anything more from line 6.
  • Upvote 1

I put in a support ticket and I'm working with Line 6 to resolve this. 

One good piece of news. They gave me a link for updating Monkey and it worked!

Link below. 

Line 6 Monkey v1.68:

http://line6.com/getrelease?rid=5914

I am still not able to update the driver even though Monkey says there is an update and run update. When I run the installer it goes through the whole thing (download, install, restart) but when I go back to Monkey to check it still says update available. For some reason it's not installing...

I have shared logs from Monkey and my Computer to hope to resolve the issue. Keep your fingers crossed. 

We appreciate your patience, guys. To follow up on my October 20 post: I'm checking in with our driver engineer and QA every few days to find if there's anything to report. It is being worked on, but right now there is no fix for the Yosemite-related issues reported here. I will continue to chime in with any pertinent info I get. Hopefully the solution will come more sooner than later.

We appreciate your patience, guys. To follow up on my October 20 post: I'm checking in with our driver engineer and QA every few days to find if there's anything to report. It is being worked on, but right now there is no fix for the Yosemite-related issues reported here. I will continue to chime in with any pertinent info I get. Hopefully the solution will come more sooner than later.

Same problem here, i can't play my guitar with my favorite music :(

I can't even install monkeys linked before, because it say "this software only run on mac os 10.5 or above" but i'm using 10.10!!!

I appreciate the update, Tony. I'm glad to know it's being worked on. 

I just created a killer tone using dual tone and the bender stomp effect to make it sound like I'm playing 2 harmonized guitars at once. Can't wait to hear what it sounds like when its recorded!

Thanks for the fix, but Monkey 1.68 still will not open for me. It bounces up and down in my dock without doing anything. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times but nothing is working. Anybody else having trouble with this?

• Upvote 1

Some of you have reported that Monkey 1.68 won't open in Yosemite. Here are some questions which may help us reproduce then fix this issue:

-Does this problem happen when a Line 6 device is connected to your mac?

-Does this problem happen when a Line 6 device is not connected to your mac?

-What Line 6 device are you using when this happens?

-Have you completely removed Monkey and any Line 6 drivers (including running the driver uninstaller) and reinstalled Monkey 1.68 and Driver 7.3.7?

-Was your Yosemite installation a clean install or an upgrade?

-What is the model of your mac?  (In the About This Mac screen, send the entire line after the OS version.)

Some of you have reported that Monkey 1.68 won't open in Yosemite. Here are some questions which may help us reproduce then fix this issue:

-Does this problem happen when a Line 6 device is connected to your mac?

-Does this problem happen when a Line 6 device is not connected to your mac?

-What Line 6 device are you using when this happens?

-Have you completely removed Monkey and any Line 6 drivers (including running the driver uninstaller) and reinstalled Monkey 1.68 and Driver 7.3.7?

-Was your Yosemite installation a clean install or an upgrade?

-What is the model of your mac?  (In the About This Mac screen, send the entire line after the OS version.)

This problem has happened as soon as I updated to Yosemite. My computer shipped with Mountain Lion and I upgraded to Mavericks a week later when it came out. Monkey worked fine on both versions, but as soon as I upgraded to Yosemite from Mavericks, it stopped working. I then upgraded to Monkey 1.68 after already downloading Yosemite, and still have the same problem. 

The problem occurs whether or not my Pod X3 Live is connected, and I still can't open it after installing the new driver released today. I have uninstalled all drivers through the driver uninstaller and dragged the Line 6 folder from my Applications folder to the trash to uninstall Monkey. I tried reinstalling several times and the problem still persists.

About my Mac:

OSX Yosemite

Version 10.10

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, early 2013)

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Also has an aftermarket SSD that replaced my stock Samsung SSD.

Transcend JetDrive 725 480GB SATA III

It has a Bootcamp partition on it that has Monkey and Line 6 software on it for when I am using Windows. This Windows software is viewable in my Finder window.

It's true the new driver works very well!! Thanks for that.. 

However their is still something to fixe ... GEARBOX because without, it's just useless to plug your pod to a computer... If line6 doesn't want to upgrade Gearbox could you please explain to us how to edit, modify and save our current presets? 

• Upvote 1

It's been a while since I tried USB recording using my Pod X3, but with the new driver I am only seeing two inputs available where there used to be eight (see below from the manual).  Is this what everyone else is seeing or am I remembering this wrong?  I'm no longer able to select the 7&8 dry inputs.

Edit: To be more specific, I can no longer select any inputs except Mono 1+2 and Stereo 1+2

The Line 6 Audio-Midi Devices control panel lists Record Sends 1-8 under the Inputs & Recording tab, but they are not available in any of the DAWs I have available (Reaper, Garageband or Reason)

• 1 is the Stereo Tone with balance and mute Left.
• 2 is the Stereo Tone with balance and mute Right.
• 3 is the Stereo Tone without balance or mute Left.
• 4 is the Stereo Tone without balance or mute Right.
• 5 is the Stereo Tone without balance or mute Left.
• 6 is the Stereo Tone without balance or mute Right.
• 7 is the Stereo Input Left dry.
• 8 is the Stereo Input Right dry.

I have the same problem even after you have deleted old drivers and sw, and after reistallato all new! But what do you do? Can not ever keep up, you can not abandon the thousands of your customers, if this is your policy I doubt that many will choose Line 6 in the future.

This problem has happened as soon as I updated to Yosemite. My computer shipped with Mountain Lion and I upgraded to Mavericks a week later when it came out. Monkey worked fine on both versions, but as soon as I upgraded to Yosemite from Mavericks, it stopped working. I then upgraded to Monkey 1.68 after already downloading Yosemite, and still have the same problem. 

The problem occurs whether or not my Pod X3 Live is connected, and I still can't open it after installing the new driver released today. I have uninstalled all drivers through the driver uninstaller and dragged the Line 6 folder from my Applications folder to the trash to uninstall Monkey. I tried reinstalling several times and the problem still persists.

About my Mac:

OSX Yosemite

Version 10.10

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, early 2013)

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Also has an aftermarket SSD that replaced my stock Samsung SSD.

Transcend JetDrive 725 480GB SATA III

It has a Bootcamp partition on it that has Monkey and Line 6 software on it for when I am using Windows. This Windows software is viewable in my Finder window.

Thanks for the information. We still can't reproduce the failure, but we continue to try to chase this down. In the meantime, please try these recommendations. 

-Try launching Monkey directly from the applications folder rather than the dock.

-Delete Monkey from the Dock and re-add it to the dock.

-Run “Repair Disk Permissions” from the Disk Utility application.

-Quit and relaunch the dock:  open the terminal app and type “killall Dock”.

Please let me know if any of these resolve the issue. 

Thanks for the information. We still can't reproduce the failure, but we continue to try to chase this down. In the meantime, please try these recommendations. 

-Try launching Monkey directly from the applications folder rather than the dock.

-Delete Monkey from the Dock and re-add it to the dock.

-Run “Repair Disk Permissions†from the Disk Utility application.

-Quit and relaunch the dock:  open the terminal app and type “killall Dockâ€.

Please let me know if any of these resolve the issue. 

I don't keep Monkey in my dock when its not open. When I try to open it, it is added to the dock like all other open applications, but bounces. It does not have the dot underneath the icon that indicates the app is open, and my task bar does not recognize the program as open. I've tried adding it to the dock and opening it there, opening it in the applications folder, the launchpad, and right-click opening it and none of them work. Repairing disk permissions didn't help either, nor did the terminal command. 

• Upvote 1

it does ultimately end up in the force quit window as "not responding" but icon stops bouncing and it never opens.

dock icon wont even start bouncing again or attempt to launch until you force quit and start the cycle over...

• Upvote 1

QA asks that you launch the License Manager from Applications/Line6. This program installs as part of Monkey, so you do NOT need to download and install license manager. 

Seeing if License Manager has the same issue might help us narrow down the issue. Thanks.