Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod X3 Live OSX Yosemite

maxjstep

Can anyone confirm or refute what I mentioned about the missing recording inputs?  I'm checking here constantly hoping for some info.

Hi. I checked in my DAW (Logic Pro X) these inputs and they all appear. I get the input # 7 & 8 dry tracks. 

One thing that did get me was when choosing a stereo or mono sound source. In mono I can get 7&8 separate but in Stereo they come in together into one track. 

I hope this helps. 

Hi. I checked in my DAW (Logic Pro X) these inputs and they all appear. I get the input # 7 & 8 dry tracks. 

One thing that did get me was when choosing a stereo or mono sound source. In mono I can get 7&8 separate but in Stereo they come in together into one track. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks so much for checking, I don't know how I'm going to figure out what's wrong then, but at least I know to keep at it.

License manager opens fine and my computer is authorized.

Hopefully a complete uninstall then reinstall of Monkey may do it.

Remove all files in:

/Users//Library/Application Support/Line 6/Line 6 Monkey/

Also, remove only the files that begin with com.line6.monkey in the following:

/Users//Library/Preferences/

In the above, replace with their OS X user name.

Unfortunately, /Users//Library/  folder is usually hidden in the Finder by default.

To remove the files using the Terminal, launch Terminal and issue the following commands.  Note the quotations and where they are located, and you'll have to replace with their user name:

rm "/Users//Library/Application Support/Line 6/Line 6 Monkey/"*

rm "/Users//Library/Preferences/"com.line6.monkey.*

I used a terminal command to show all hidden files and folders. These files you told me to delete do not appear to exist on my system. The terminal commands for deleting the folders are not working. I went into finder, clicked Macintosh HD in the sidebar, went into the library folder, then the Application Support and Preferences folders and there is nothing related to Line 6 in there, even after reinstalling Monkey

For those who have asked, Gearbox has not been developed since Lion (10.7). It may have worked with later versions of OSX, but that was by coincidence and not by design. It has been listed as a Legacy product for some time now at http://line6.com/legacy/. There are no plans to develop it further.

Is there a product that replaced Gearbox? 

The driver release fixed the crashing issue,with my POD X3 Pro,  but even though guitar tones work fine, I can't get a microphone to work properly. 

It was easy to see what was going on with Gearbox.  Not so much now.  Am I supposed to just play wth the POD X3 directly, or is there a new application for it?

Hopefully a complete uninstall then reinstall of Monkey may do it.

Remove all files in:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Line 6 Monkey/

Also, remove only the files that begin with com.line6.monkey in the following:

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/

In the above, replace <username> with their OS X user name.

Unfortunately, /Users/<username>/Library/  folder is usually hidden in the Finder by default.

To remove the files using the Terminal, launch Terminal and issue the following commands.  Note the quotations and where they are located, and you'll have to replace <username> with their user name:

rm "/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Line 6 Monkey/"*

rm "/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/"com.line6.monkey.*

I'm having the some problems as everybody else in this thread. I managed to update the driver, but I can't get Line 6 Monkey 1.68 to launch with or without the hardware connected. I uninstalled Monkey following the instructions you posted. I'm using POD x3 Pro and an iMac (mid 2011). I also have a Digidesign Digi002 hooked to my machine, and my X3 Pro is hooked to the Digi002 via S/PDIF. The Digi002 is having similar issues too.

Monkey when I try to open it directily from the application forlder, it is added to the dock like all other open applications, but bounces. It does not have the dot underneath the icon that indicates the app is open, and my task bar does not recognize the program as open. I've tried adding it to the dock and opening it there, opening it in the applications folder, the launchpad, and right-click opening it and none of them work. Repairing disk permissions didn't help either, nor did the terminal command. 

I've just erased all previous app and reistalledthe new and so for driver!

there is no new application that replaces gearbox, sorry.

Is there a product that replaced Gearbox? 

The driver release fixed the crashing issue,with my POD X3 Pro,  but even though guitar tones work fine, I can't get a microphone to work properly. 

It was easy to see what was going on with Gearbox.  Not so much now.  Am I supposed to just play wth the POD X3 directly, or is there a new application for it?

• Downvote 1

the new HD pods do not use gearbox... and there is a current editor available for all of them.

just for clarification though... none of the tones in gearbox (or hardware that uses gearbox)

were ever able to be transferred and used on the pod HD's

those are completely different...

so if you meant to backup your gearbox device and transfer to a new pod HD... that was never an option anyway.

Damn it !!! 

How are we load and save our presets to even put them in a new HD pod though???? This is just unbelievable ... You are just telling me that years of work are just stuck in that bloody pod ... Noooo that's a joke ... 

Sorry i talked about pod HD just as exemple... Ok it was a wrong one ... I just wanted to highlight the fact that without new pod hd we are stuck with our pod X3. My pod x3 pro is great, also it was quite hard to afford it. I've got no needs to buy a new HD one and it makes me just angry that I cannot use it anymore like I use to do and this just after about 5 years...

• Upvote 1

there is most likely a creative way to get it to work...

the program itself didn't change... the apple OS did...

someone will likely figure it out... someone smarter than I...

i wouldn't give up hope...

worst case, there's always parallel 

As you can read from Tony's quote below.... there will be no gearbox updates.

Line 6 when you come up with an update for the gearbox?

I use a pod x3 pro 5 years old and is now unusable

For those who have asked, Gearbox has not been developed since Lion (10.7). It may have worked with later versions of OSX, but that was by coincidence and not by design. It has been listed as a Legacy product for some time now at http://line6.com/legacy/. There are no plans to develop it further.

The new driver 7.3.7 for Yosemite doesn't work with Gearbox.

By booting gearbox I get the following message "Ignoring connection to POD X3 Pro.This device has an incompatible driver installed"

How do you solve this problem, I have now an expensive pod x3 pro that doesn't work correct.

Please help me to solve this problem.

So i can use gearbox again like before the upgrade to Yosemite

I still use PODxt that I bought I believe in 2003, and the thing still runs like a champ. I realize its old hardware, but they did build it to last apparently! Looking forward to a Yosemite fix for Line 6 Edit and Monkey!!! :)

it's a shame that you do not do anything to maintain parity between the your products calling to the fact that now you have other (which they suck compared to older and that does not change). Also proved not to be not reliable supplier for the future since every change let customers in dire conditions. Today the products have 70% of the performance related to the operation of software, if the prospect is to be abandoned at any cabio product I do not need a firm unserious as Line 6

I was just checking into this topic since I updated to Yosemite - my Line 6 Monkey works fine after I updated to the newer 1.68 one on Yosemite. I use a POD HD now (also working fine on Yosemite with POD HD Edit), but I used to have a POD X3 - as I remember, doesn't POD Farm (and then POD Farm 2) software work with POD X3 and was the replacement for GearBox? I still use my POD Farm 2 plug-in with recording software and it works fine on Yosemite too since my license key is stored to "My Computer", so I assume the POD Farm 2 program would also work with POD X3 on Yosemite, and still open the old GearBox preset files?

I'm also not so sure that pod farm 2 is able to use and program HD presets .. Because there are apparently no other vst plugins for line 6 guitars recordings what are the advantages of using a brand new pod HD pro with dry output instead of a pod x3 pro with the same output?

PodXT

Uninstalled/Reinstalled latest Yosemite drivers and software from download page

Upgraded to Yosemite 10.10 from Maverick

iMac from 2009

I just get a bouncing monkey

I know you guys can dooo it! \,,/

cheers,

GDawg

• Upvote 2

I think the Line 6 Monkey launch problem might have something to do with Avid's drivers. It seems to be a known issue that any Avid driver under Yosemite stops Native Instruments controller dependent programs (e.g. Guitar Rig) from launching. I've got the 003-Family Driver installed, and neither Guitar Rig or Line 6 Monkey are launching on my computer. Could someone who's having the Monkey launch problem let us know if he or she has Avid drivers installed on his or her system?

I think the Line 6 Monkey launch problem might have something to do with Avid's drivers. It seems to be a known issue that any Avid driver under Yosemite stops Native Instruments controller dependent programs (e.g. Guitar Rig) from launching. I've got the 003-Family Driver installed, and neither Guitar Rig or Line 6 Monkey are launching on my computer. Could someone who's having the Monkey launch problem let us know if he or she has Avid drivers installed on his or her system?

I do have Pro Tools 11 and Sibelius 7.5 installed on my Mac.

• Upvote 1

I do have Pro Tools 11 and Sibelius 7.5 installed on my Mac.

Thank you for the info. I have Pro Tools 10 and 11 and Sibelius 7 and 7.5 installed on an iMac. Maybe we're getting somewhere here.

Thank you for the info. I have Pro Tools 10 and 11 and Sibelius 7 and 7.5 installed on an iMac. Maybe we're getting somewhere here.

Are you guys able to run Pro Tools or a Digi device on Yosemite? Last I saw neither was supported on Yosemite yet. Avid says not to even install them on Yosemite (except for Sibelius). Looks like I am completely out of luck for my old  MBox 2 and I don't think it will ever be supported on Yosemite. Here is the info page on the Avid site.

Seems strange that might affect Line 6 Monkey, but maybe that is why some are having Monkey problems??

Are you guys able to run Pro Tools or a Digi device on Yosemite? Last I saw neither was supported on Yosemite yet. Avid says not to even install them on Yosemite (except for Sibelius). Looks like I am completely out of luck for my old  MBox 2 and I don't think it will ever be supported on Yosemite. Here is the info page on the Avid site.

Seems strange that might affect Line 6 Monkey, but maybe that is why some are having Monkey problems??

Well, Pro Tools runs very, very poorly on Yosemite. 10.10 threw CPU spikes all the time, but now with 10.10.1 things are a tad more stable. I've had a lot of problems with Digi 002 and Yosemite, and I think that it's the drivers that are causing the problems. I don't think that it'd be strange if Avid's drivers turn out to be the root of the Monkey problem. If they stop some of Native Instruments programs from launching, why wouldn't they do the same to other similar products?

I haven't noticed any problems with Pro Tools 11 since Yosemite came out, but then again I have not done any extensive work with it because I can't use my Pod X3 Live, which is my only audio interface. I don't own an M-box, or any digidesign hardware. I'm a daily user of Sibelius, and it has had no problems with Yosemite.

If Avid drivers are to blame, then this means that Line6 is totally in the clear with regards to this problem now that they have released the updated drivers? Do we need to take this up with Avid now? If that is the case, this may be a real pain in the lollipop to solve because they are notoriously bad with solving customer problems like this.

I wish I could just bypass Monkey all together and download the new driver without Monkey. I have really no use for it and once I am able to download the new driver (if that ever happens) I will unlikely ever open it again.

I haven't noticed any problems with Pro Tools 11 since Yosemite came out, but then again I have not done any extensive work with it because I can't use my Pod X3 Live, which is my only audio interface. I don't own an M-box, or any digidesign hardware. I'm a daily user of Sibelius, and it has had no problems with Yosemite.

If Avid drivers are to blame, then this means that Line6 is totally in the clear with regards to this problem now that they have released the updated drivers? Do we need to take this up with Avid now? If that is the case, this may be a real pain in the lollipop to solve because they are notoriously bad with solving customer problems like this.

I wish I could just bypass Monkey all together and download the new driver without Monkey. I have really no use for it and once I am able to download the new driver (if that ever happens) I will unlikely ever open it again.

You can download the drivers without using Monkey - right here:http://line6.com/software/

Select the X3L from the first menu, drivers from the next, and OS X from the last, and you'll get a link to download the drivers directly.

You can download the drivers without using Monkey - right here:http://line6.com/software/

Select the X3L from the first menu, drivers from the next, and OS X from the last, and you'll get a link to download the drivers directly.

Thanks, I'll have to try that when I get home. If it works, I'll hopefully be in the clear as I will have no use for monkey once I have that driver. Hopefully the problems people are having with pro tools won't become apparent once I start using my Line 6 device again.

I obtained a comprehensive set of instructions for COMPLETELY removing Monkey.

DeletingMonkeySupportFilesOSX.pdf

We have seen at least one other user with similar Monkey problems resolve the issue after following these steps exactly, then installing the latest Monkey. Please try them and let me know the results.

I don't know if said customer was using any AVID drivers/ProTools or not. If possible, it may be worth it to try to install Monkey on another Yosemite machine that is not running AVID drivers or ProTools. We still have not been able to reproduce the problem, but we are trying that.

I decided to do a little test. I installed Line 6 Monkey 1.68 on my MacBook Pro which has Pro Tools 10.3.9 installed without any AVID drivers. Monkey wouldn't launch on that Machine either.

I have the monkey app on the OS X Yosemite on my macbook Pro.  This is for my POD X3 Live, and I'm trying to download the flash memory firmware, with all my drivers up to date, but everytime I try to download it it keeps telling me error code 80000005 which tells me to not have anything in the MIDI ports but I am using the USB port and I don't have any programs open that even use MIDI ports as well as nothing plugged into the POD as well.  What do I do?

I have the monkey app on the OS X Yosemite on my macbook Pro.  This is for my POD X3 Live, and I'm trying to download the flash memory firmware, with all my drivers up to date, but everytime I try to download it it keeps telling me error code 80000005 which tells me to not have anything in the MIDI ports but I am using the USB port and I don't have any programs open that even use MIDI ports as well as nothing plugged into the POD as well.  What do I do?

Is the POD on while you are trying to update the firmware? If Im not mistaken, I think I remember that the POD is not supposed to be on when downloading updates on Monkey. The MIDI message might be referring to the USB port. Maybe try disconnecting the USB cable connecting your computer to your POD?

Also, the driver fixing the kernel panic worked out great for me, and I'm using my POD again. Do I need to have Line 6 software installed on my computer for it to continue working? Can I uninstall Monkey and License Manager and continue using the new driver?

did you mean to provide said instructions?

I obtained a comprehensive set of instructions for COMPLETELY removing Monkey. We have seen at least one other user with similar Monkey problems resolve the issue after following these steps exactly, then installing the latest Monkey. Please try them and let me know the results.

I don't know if said customer was using any AVID drivers/ProTools or not. If possible, it may be worth it to try to install Monkey on another Yosemite machine that is not running AVID drivers or ProTools. We still have not been able to reproduce the problem, but we are trying that.

• Upvote 1

Doh!!! Here are the simplified uninstall instructions. After uninstalling Monkey, I suggest uninstalling ALL AVID Drivers and software if possible (back up your personal files first), even if you're not actively using the AVID drivers and/or hardware. Hezul's test results and other comments surrounding AVID products are driving my suggestion. Monkey should then be installed afterwards. Please let me know the results.

DeletingMonkeySupportFilesOSX.pdf