Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod X3 Live OSX Yosemite

maxjstep

And since Line 6 software is not open source, hacking the code is probably illegal. Using the official Line 6 forum to announce your criminal intentions against them doesn't seem like the smartest approach to me. And I would caution anyone thinking of responding here to your recruitment efforts to consider the possible implications.

I think it's best for you if you stop posting here. I know that what you would like to do is small scale and that Line 6 would probably not bother prosecuting you, but IP theft remains serious business.

Ok but when you use a pod as studio device you record with the dry output then you are able to modify as many times as you want the parameters. For this you need a vst instrument able to edit the pod presets.

So basically if you have a Pod HD Pro as studio device you are able to record with the dry output but then you are stuck because the only VST you can use is Pod farm which is not able to edit HD presets. So finally nothing better than the Pod X3 Pro (in this case)

Just for the record, that is one of many workflows.

Many, if not the majority (I do not have stats to support my speculation) of quality guitar recordings are from mic-ed amps.

Sure there's tons of processing that can be done after the fact, but the main tone is set.

Similar work flow of an HD without all the mic-ing.

I already made a complaint to the forum runners about this. I think there is confusion about what makes an expert, is it 16000 posts about nonchalance or actual knowledge? I think it's just a counter system, once the number gets above a certain point, you get a new word next to your username. That's it.

Yes, there is a counter system based on number of posts that changes the description below your screen name and above your avatar.

But it has nothing to do with the description under your avatar (except in the red or green box), be it member, expert, admin...

The link to vote on IdeaScale has been posted, vote it up.

If someone finds a workaround in the meantime, that would be cool, but if the thread turns into flames, the mods will lock it.

Yes, there is a counter system based on number of posts that changes the description below your screen name and above your avatar.

But it has nothing to do with the description under your avatar (except in the red or green box), be it member, expert, admin...

The link to vote on IdeaScale has been posted, vote it up.

If someone finds a workaround in the meantime, that would be cool, but if the thread turns into flames, the mods will lock it.

Thanks for that.   I'm the one who created the Ideascale entry, after seeing the count of over 3000 views on the subject, now it's at over 5000 in a very short period of time....  

• Upvote 1

you're probably right here...

It is best you stop replying.

you couldn't be more wrong here...

but not going to burden the topic with my resume...

guess is you don't actually have technical knowledge.

in any case... i hope you figure it out, good luck in your efforts.

And since Line 6 software is not open source, hacking the code is probably illegal. Using the official Line 6 forum to announce your criminal intentions against them doesn't seem like the smartest approach to me. And I would caution anyone thinking of responding here to your recruitment efforts to consider the possible implications.

I think it's best for you if you stop posting here. I know that what you would like to do is small scale and that Line 6 would probably not bother prosecuting you, but IP theft remains serious business.

It's not hacking per se, its repairing.   I did try and get info up here, I will do it elseware on the internet and link back when I have done it.  Although the dissassembler software cannot give you the source code, certain text can be found and changed providing it can be pulled from the HEX.

Also, I own it, I spent the money on it.  So has everyone with the problem.  So we're perfectly within our rights.

Read your Gearbox EULA - especially Section 1, and the part of Section 8 that talks about enforcement of the terms and associated penalties and costs. Read up on California law, and how they treat IP theft.

http://line6.com/software/eulas/standard.html?software=GearBox

The fact that Line 6 has removed your post, in which you clearly have already violated the eula, indicates that they are serious about protecting their IP. You might want to change you username if you are pursuing this elsewhere. And if you are successful in what you are trying to do it would be very unwise to post it back here.