Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Signal coming through Monitor Out and Main Left Right

My M20D was working fine........we went on a tour, did not take the M20D with us, left it at home, and when we came back and powered it on, the monitor out (all 4) and the main left right, had nothing coming out of them. No settings were changed. The only signal coming out is from the Headphone jack. 

We are a 4 piece Rock and Roll Band and had our practice pad settings dialed into the M20D.....its strange, coz before we left town, everything was fine and working well. No one touched the unit in our absence (the house was locked). 

Any Help will be great. I live in Dubai and there are no service centres in my town for the M20D.......or atleast none showing on Line 6 site. 

Do you have rev 1.2 installed? There was a bug in some earlier versions that sometimes caused the outputs to think the mute button had been pressed on startup. In those versions just pressing the mute button on and off cleared the issue.

I would also advise making a new setting from scratch just in case you have buried a mute command somewhere deep down inside your current setting.

Yes, I thought of the Mute All Button...........I did go through pressing that on and off a few times to see if it clears things.......

I did update to the latest version, just need to double check and make sure its the 1.2v - lemme go try that and see if it comes back to life........

thanks for your help so far.

Updating Firmware did not solve the issue. The outs are still getting no sound.......all of the monitors and the left right main........the ins are fine, i am getting signal on the channels and into the monitors and the mains. the signal level shows.......but no sound out the jacks! 

I presume you've double-checked that the monitor and main levels are turned up on the M20d? Just worth asking...

When I load a setup they're all set to 0.0dB level.

I think you mean -∞ db; 0db ('unity') is the thicker line at about 4/5ths max ;)

Yup, checked the levels of monitors, main outs, checked mutes, mute all - the whole lot. i cant figure out why no sound is coming through the monitors and the mains.........when all levels coming in seem to be fine. AND, the headfone out is working fine. its getting all the channels coming through.

Further to don...

Save your current "setup".

Start a completely new blank setup with no tweaks aside from a basic preset for one channel. Set trim and raise gain on channel, apply to all four monitor channels and raise master outs. Are the six outputs still dead?

Yes, I have tried a different amplifier to check and didnt work. 

I have factory restored 3 or 4 times now, there are no pre-sets now.

Started with a completely new blank set up with no tweaks, did a new gains stage on one channel, applied on all four monitors.....tested the main outs, raised the master outs........all six outputs are still dead......

I have had two other sound engineer friends look at it, to get their brains on the job and no luck. All six outs don't work...........we still getting sound from Headphones out.....thats the only sound coming from the board. Its getting very frustrating now!! 

In which case, it's time to stop asking here and take the unit back to your dealer. As has been said, it's impossible to diagnose everything that might be wrong remotely and the only way to gain a certain resoltution is for the unit to be returned for servicing/inspection. A PITA obviously, but I can't see you getting anything other than more frustrated pursuing assistance here. Sounds like you've done all the idiot checks already. Time to take it in :-)

Unfortunately they don't have a service centre for the M20D in Dubai. The dealer who is selling these units has no support and says that he cannot guarantee repairs! Had to hire a mixer for last nights gig - paid out of pocket. Not sure how many more before this gets resolved. 

• 4 years later...