Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX1 + early version of Pod Farm on iMac with Pro Tools 11, a couple of questions.

Like I said, I'm switching to Mac from PC, getting an iMac with the following specs:

• Apple iMac 27-inch 2.7GHz Quad-core i5 (Mid 2011) MC813LL/A
  • 27-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen TFT LCD display with IPS, 1920x1080 resolution
  • 8.0GB (4x2.0GB) PC3-10600 (1333MHz) DDR3 SO-DIMM, supports up to 32.0GB
  • 1.0TB Serial ATA hard disk drive @ 7200RPM
  • AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics with 512MB GDDR5 memory

I have an older UX1, with the early version of Pod Farm, switching from Sonar Producer 8 on a PC to the above.
Anything that I need to consider?  I use the UX1 as my main interface, with a small Behringer Xenyx 808 line mixer to provide phantom power for my condenser mic and to receive other mic'd/line audio sources.

Any helpful info in making the switch would be appreciated.

check check and double check the drivers available and software compatibility for the operating system...

you don't say which version of osx is on it.. 

and some software will require a paid upgrade for certain versions etc..

27" modern imacs should have a display resolution of 2560x1440 seems odd that yours says 1920x1080

It's not new, it's a refurbed 2011 model.

Hardware Configuration

• 27-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen TFT LCD display with IPS, 1920x1080 resolution
  • 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
  • 8.0GB (4x2.0GB) PC3-10600 (1333MHz) DDR3 SO-DIMM, supports up to 32.0GB
  • 1.0TB Serial ATA hard disk drive @ 7200RPM
  • DVD-RW/CD-RW SuperDrive-DL
  • AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics with 512MB GDDR5 memory
  • AirPort Extreme card (802.11a/b/g/n)
  • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
  • Built-in FaceTime HD camera
  • 2- Thunderbolt ports
  • 4- USB 2.0 ports
  • 1- FireWire 800 port
  • 1- Ethernet port
  • 1- Secure Digital (SDXC) slot
  • Installed OS: Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
  • Maximum OS: Latest Mac OS X release (10.9 Mavericks)
  • No additional software such as iLife (iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand), iWork (Pages, Numbers and Keynote), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), etc. is installed or included. While iLife is installed on every Mac purchased from Apple, it is licensed to the original purchaser and we are not authorized to provide this software free of charge. For more information on iLife and iWork including how to purchase

i knew by the model it wasn't new... but it came from the factory with the better resolution:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i5-2.7-27-inch-aluminum-mid-2011-thunderbolt-specs.html

maybe they refurbed in a lesser screen (which would be a huge disappointment, or perhaps they list the specs wrong...)

One thing worth noting.  The UX-1 interface and stand-alone POD Farm program should work OK, but if you want to use the POD Farm plug-in with PT 11, then no-can-do.  The PF plug-ins are not AAX compatible.

Helpful to know, thanks for mentioning, but I only use it as an i/o interface, not into re-amping & all of that.  I just pull up a guitar preset & "print to tape" usually.