These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Broken/rattling Floor POD plus.
by blindbadger on 2010-07-01 06:13:32.6350

My floor pod plus has started rattling as if there is a screw loose inside or something has come undone.

It is still fully functional (at the moment) but as you can understand, the rattling indictates that something isn't quite right and this is of deep concern.

I have not had my floor pod very long so this is somewhat worrying. Is there anything i can do?

I would appreciate it if you could advise me on this matter and how it could be resolved.

Kind regards,

Luke.

Re: Broken/rattling Floor POD plus.
by timwalsh on 2011-03-06 21:32:47.4420

Did you ever get a resolution for this problem?  My floor pod plus is doing the same thing.  It's still under warranty, but like you said, it still is fully functional.  If you ever found out what was wrong, please let me know.

by cyclepath on 2011-10-21 11:40:09.4170

My pod has just started to rattle, and I notice that the left/mono output jack socket is a little loose. I have had the pod for about 18 months. I think what has happened is the nut on the back of the jack socket has worked its way off with use. The rattling might be as it runs up and down the wire. I notice that there appears to be a cut-away on the back of the pod where the inputs are, and that if I could open it, I could then re-attach the nut. 

The danger is that the loose nut will cause damage or a short or something whilst it is rolling around inside. 

Has anyone had this panel off before and if so.....which screws should I undo?

by cyclepath on 2011-10-21 14:38:41.1720

Ok....I have my solution.  I took the back off, which involves removing all the screws. Don't worry nothing is attached.

It turns out it was the nut that holds on the earth wire, and controls the wah pedal. It seems that there is no locking washer, so it had worked loose. I guess it was one of those friday afternoon jobs! Still, a new washer and all is good.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.