These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

Connection between Spider Valve 112 and Computer via FBV SHORTBOARD MKII
by lAmaZedl on 2011-03-03 05:22:26.3350

Hey guys! I want to connect my Amp ( Spider valve 112 not MkII -_-') to my computer ( vista) via my new FBV SHORTBOARD MKII in order to download some custom tones! The connection beetween the amp and the shortboard works without any problem, but when i connect it to my computer it detect only my shortboard (line 6 monkey) and so the second software: Spider Valve MkII Edit has "No line 6 device connected" (the shortboard switch in usb mode but the amp' screen doesnt switch..). Is my amp incompatible with the softwares even if it works fine with the shortboard mkII ? Is there any usb connection problem ? Can i update my Spider Valve 112 via MIDI connection for instance in order it works with Spider Valve MkII edit? ...

Ty for answers or any help !

and sorry for my bad english

Re: Connection between Spider Valve 112 and Computer via FBV SHORTBOARD MKII
by Rowbi on 2011-03-03 05:47:09.3070

you can only do what you want with a spider valve MKII and FBV MKII (shortboard or express).

the spider valve MK1 has no ability to use edit or monkey for editing or updates.

by Rowbi on 2011-03-03 05:49:37.9760

just another thought... you could download the custom tones to SV MKII edit to view them, then manually enter them to your SV MKII... but some may not transfer as well as you'd hope, as the MKII has other amp models.

for backing up your tones, you can use the blink out method as I describehere: http://line6.com/community/message/30314#30314

by lAmaZedl on 2011-03-03 05:50:48.3330

Okay ty for answer.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.