These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Alternative way to upgrade USB Firmware POD X3 Live
by gibarian on 2011-11-29 14:59:56.2540

Is there any alternative way to upgrade USB firmware, or restore it to oryginal version? My USB firmware is in 0.00 ver. now. I wish to repair my POD but I'm afraid that it will took to much time (I'm from Poland, and there is no local service center in my country).

Is this hardware problem? How long this kind of repair may take? Cost?

Re: Alternative way to upgrade USB Firmware POD X3 Live
by silverhead on 2011-11-29 15:26:28.0880

Alternative to what? What exactly is the problem, and what have you tried so far to fix it?

by gibarian on 2011-12-02 11:48:54.2810

Well I can't connect my POD to PC with USB cable, so becouse my computer can't discover what the hell is connect to it, I can't record any of my stuff (and this is main reason why I buy this device).

USB firmware is 0.00 so this is reason why there is no communication with PC.

So I was wondering is there any solution to this problem - like for example press some combination of buttons to restore the oryginal USB firmware, or maybe some other way.

I can't upgrade my USB firmware with Line 6 Monkey - is there any alternative way?

Maybe this is hardware problem and some chip need to be replaced.

I really can't do anything. I had tried to connect it to PC and add drivers manually, and on windows 7 I success, but Line 6 Monkey still can't connect to POD, and on drivers section (installed) there's no driver.

I tried connect POD on several computers and OS's.

Sorry for my english.

by silverhead on 2011-12-02 12:50:43.1990

You can install the driver manually. Donwnload it here:

http://line6.com/software/

Select Pod X3 Live as the product, Drivers as the software, and then slect your operating system.

Once the driver is downloaded to your computer, connect your X3 via usb and choose a manual installation from file, then point the installer to the downloaded file.

Then try running Line 6 Monkey again to make sure all your other software is up to date.

by TheRealZap on 2011-12-02 12:53:45.4030

its quite possible your computer may be the problem... have you tried another?

just suggesting a process of elimination....

by silverhead on 2011-12-02 12:56:57.4700

You should also try different usb ports on your computer, and make sure you are not using any usb hubs.

by gibarian on 2011-12-02 23:52:25.9360

Like I sad. I tried this manually instalation on several computers (4 computers exactly) and on windows 7 x64, windows 7 x32/x86, windowsXP x32/x86. I try with all USB ports on my computers.

Still I can't connect, on windowsXP manually instaltion do not work, in device manager there is always error of driver's, on windows7 instalation is ok, but still no communication.

I never use USB hubs.

by gibarian on 2011-12-02 23:56:21.0060

Yes I've tried - 4 computers, 3 Operation System windows7x86 x64, and windowsXP, and many USB ports - Last year I connect my POD on Gentoo Linux, and there's no driver's for this system, and yet I succeed.

by BigChas52 on 2011-12-03 05:40:33.7500

The fact that your computers are reading the USB firmware version as 0.00 doesn't sound good.  I know you've tried different computers, but have you tried different USB cables?

Have you tried putting it into "Safe" mode?  Hold down 'RIGHT' on the directional pad on the X3 as you power on the unit to put it into SAFE MODE.  Perhaps you'll get different results.

If that doesn't work, you might try this.  Perhaps one of the internal chips has come unseated.  Pop the back off and gently, but firmly, tap each chip with the rubber end of a pencil (or something similar) to make sure they are seated properly.  Do this at your own risk and definitely don't do it if your X3L is still under warranty.

by gibarian on 2011-12-03 08:30:54.4060

Yeah I've tried with 3 different USB cables, and yeah I've tried with Safe Mode, and still the same result - no communication, and Line 6 Monkey still can't see installed driver's.

"Pop the back off and gently, but firmly, tap each chip with the rubber end of a pencil" - Didn't try this, but I think I should now try this, nothing left comming to my mind. Thx.

by gibarian on 2011-12-04 04:25:01.5330

Unfortunately still the same problem, I think some chip may be damaged, but it's shame that there is no way to upgrade USB firmware without USB cable.

Can I download schematics for this device? There are to many chip's (U1 - U40) to check out. Maybe some condesator died... I don't know.

by BigChas52 on 2011-12-04 07:15:48.6750

Unfortunately, Line 6 does not release schematics to anyone other than an authorized service center.  I'm afraid you are out of luck unless you want to work with your nearest service center.

by birro on 2011-12-05 03:55:34.4250

Hi man. I understand your worry. I'm from Brazil and there's NO assistance for Line6 over here. So I would be like you, trying everything to fix the unit myself and avoid sending it abroad.

Please read carefully because it may be a hardware problem or also software problem.

1) Uninstall ALL drivers from Line 6 from your computer. Do it with the USB cable unplugged

2) Turn off your computer (to clean up RAM memory, very important if it's Windows XP)

3) Download the Drivers:http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4143

4) Install the drivers (please, keep the USB unplugged!!! Don't plug it!)

5) Almost at the end of the installation, the software will ask you to plug it. IMPORTANT: at the END of the installation

6) Read carefully: Turn OFF (power off) your POD. Plug the cable on a different USB port on your computer (don't use the one you're used to plug. Use another one for Microsoft Windows litterally install a new driver). Plug it with the POD Turned Off.

Note: It's dumb but a usb driver installed for a USB port #1, won't work on USB #2 for example. So if you have removed the USB drivers, even if Windows hasn't deleted the driver for any reason, using a different USB port may help you.

7) Computer USB plugged? POD USB plugged? Turn the POD On

8) Wait to check if the unit will be recognized by your computer

IF the unit is recognized:

9) Don't even think of unplugging it!!

10) Download the Flash Memory Updater: http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=3197

Note: don't worry about your tones. At the beginning it will ask you if you want to keep the tones or not

11) Flash the memory it following the instructions shown by the software, BUT DON'T UNPLUG!

12) If everything works fine... send me a Polish beer to Brazil and be happy

IF the unit is NOT recognized:

9) Note that I've told you to plug the USB with the unit turned off. Why? Because if you have a firmware error when the unit is turned on, at the initialization it will recognise that it's plugged and MAY accept the signal from USB port

10) As BigChas52 said, please try it again on a different computer, but following the same instructions

I've written this entire "book" because I understand your worry on sending your unit abroad. I fear this too and IF I have a problem on my unit, I really hope to fix it myself here... at home

Good luck and let us know the results!

by Line6Hugo on 2011-12-08 16:20:53.2090

When and where did you purchase the POD X3 Pro from?  Was it purchased new or used?  Did it ever connect via USB?  It sounds like it indeed needs to be serviced, so you would need to contact the distributor of the country it was purchased in.

As BigChas52 already mentioned, we do not provide schematics or repair info on our products.  That information is only provided to authorized service centers.

Best regards,

Line6Hugo

by gibarian on 2011-12-11 08:52:02.7150

Thanks man for help, but unfortunately still the same, no communication, I'm appreciate your help book man

by gibarian on 2011-12-11 08:56:57.2730

10/21/08 from some local distributor in Poland, and of course it was new. Yeah it worked just fine for like 2 years.

by Line6david on 2011-12-14 17:45:59.5130

Hi,

Here is our distributor in Poland:

Poland

Lauda-Audio S.C.

1. Ul. Lesna 15 A/1

81-876 Sopot

Poland

Phone: +48 58 555 0660

Fax:        +48 58 555 0770

marcinp@lauda-audio.pl

or e-mail: www.lauda-audio.pl

I would suggest contacting them, they may be able to help.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

RE: Alternative way to upgrade USB Firmware POD X3 Live
by Line6Tony on 2011-12-20 16:32:39.8800

Hello. It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered. If it has been answered, please award points to whoever was helpful and/or answered the question.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, I created a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks!!

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut: http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all.

Re: RE: Alternative way to upgrade USB Firmware POD X3 Live
by gibarian on 2011-12-20 16:54:32.1560

Thanks everybody for help, my POD still dosn't work but thx again for every single post

by gibarian on 2011-12-20 16:55:25.2570

Thx very much, though I know about this distributor, but I assumed that they send my POD abroad.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.