These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Line6 Monkey driver pb on Mac OS X Lion
by CACHERA on 2012-01-15 04:27:11.9940

Hi, I have a big problem. I got a Pod HD 500 yesterday and had very difficulties for updating firmware.

The last solution, after many hours to try, was to use on an other computer with SnowLeopard and a downgrade version of Monkey (1.43)

Now it's OK the firmware f the pod is 1.40.

But when i plug the pod on my computer with Lion, Monkey says me that there is no driver but driver are installed.

I tried to unsintall all Line6 apps , prefs.... it s the same.

I tried to reinstall the Line6Monkey version 1.43 on Lion , the installer says me OK but I don't see the Apps in the Line6 Folder !!

The only solution is to reinstall v1.50 of Monkey but i have driver problem.

See screenshoot.

The pb is that i cannot use PodHD500 Edit.

Thank you for help me and sory for bad english.

Re: Line6 Monkey driver pb on Mac OS X Lion
by CACHERA on 2012-01-16 09:07:47.8680

The team support had a solution ? How open a ticket support ? Thank you

by CACHERA on 2012-01-16 14:11:06.5910

Hi all, very good news for all users that have pb with Lion and reinstall Monkey 1.43.

You need to delete all receipts files from line6 but which are installed in a hidden folder. (private/var/db/receipts)

If you have install Monkey 1,50 first and have all the pb we know, you cannot downgrade with Monkey 1.43 because of these files they need to be trashed.

The solution I find is to use ONYX apps to access to these hidden files.

See the screenshoot . I have delete all the line6 files in this folder. And after i be able to reinstall Monkey 1.43 and the other software. Now my Pod HD 500 can be use with POD HD Edit. I'm glad and i hope my explanation will be able to help you.

by kolundin on 2012-01-22 03:35:33.9590

Hi! I've tested on Lion another method to uninstall cleanly Line 6 programs. This method is well documented in the POD Farm 2.5 Troubleshooting support section, solution #3 - http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2304">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2304">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2304 This method worked for me, and I rolled back to Monkey 1.43 without any fuss) See below appropriate part.

Mac:

• Throw away all versions of Line 6 applications to the trash from the Applications/Line6 folder.
  • Manually search in the following locations and delete any of the files found from within each of these folders:

Library/Audio/Plugin-Ins/Components

Library/Audio/Plugin-Ins/VST

Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers

Library/Frameworks (look for L6WXTG and L6WXTY.framework and delete them)

Library/Application Support/Line 6

Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins

User/Library/Application Support/Line 6

Applications/Line 6

User/Documents/Line 6

User/Library/Preferences (Line6 preferences, should be something like com.line6.xxxxx, etc. Delete.)

• Empty the Trash.
    • Next, go into Applications/Utilities and launch the Terminal application and type the following commands at the prompt:
      • cd // (then press the enter key)
      • cd /private/var/db/receipts (then press the enter key)
      • sudo rm -i com.line6* (then press the enter key)
      • Enter your Mac OSX account password. Note: you will NOT see the cursor acknowledge any characters being input; you will need to type your system password correctly and hit "Enter"!
      • Type Yes to every option/question to remove Line 6 software components (there will be a good number of confirmations, FYI).
    • Download and install Monkey 1.43 from the Line 6 website.

by CACHERA on 2012-01-22 13:43:56.4440

Yes it si this way

cd /private/var/db/receipts

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.