These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

Broken HD100 Mkii input jack
by odmsteel on 2012-12-23 17:18:44.5490


Last night at a show a bartender stepped on my guitar cable which broke my input jack. I am going to take the amp to my tech guy but was wondering if I need a specific input jack for this head?

I was a little bummed to see it was plastic.

Re: Broken HD100 Mkii input jack
by Rowbi on 2013-01-02 14:04:01.8840

there's only 1 type of jack that's all metal, and that's teh type that you find in a fender strat, and occasionallly in amps.  most amps have jack sockets with varying ammounts of plastic in the socket, and all the ones with the metal chrome dome input are plastic behind the metal.  The good news about that is they're very easy to come by and your amp tech should have one in stock, or be able to get one quickly from any electronics supplier.



The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.