Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic Port And Ipad Air/ Ios 7 - Official Statement Please!

Hi,

I just bought a sonic port, and connected it to my ipad air - I was hoping for a flexible portable pracitce solution, but was very disappointed to see that it doesnt seem to work!? In mobile Pod, the audio clicks and pops, and the latency is unplayable... so the main Software was unusable :( at least I cant imagine using it like that. I then tried the sonic port with Positive Grid's Bias - much better sound, but still quite a bit of latency going on.

So what does that mean? Is Sonic Port not compatible with the new iPad? I'd like to get an official answer from Line6 before I'm sending the device back...

It seems many People are having problems, and I couldn't find any answer from Line6 regarding this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone from line 6 answer this? I was going to buy a sonic port for my iPad air iOS 7 today, but after reading this form I've changed my mind. Can someone respond with an official statement and clarify the current compatibility issues?

It seems the majority of posts on here are being ignored.

support does not actively monitor these forums.. and the user community does not know the answer for you.....

hence the appearance of being ignored... in reality you are just pursuing an interaction with line6 the wrong way...

if you want to ask them a question either call or open a support ticket:

http://line6.com/company/contact/

It seems the majority of posts on here are being ignored.

you were never going to hear anything here... as i stated in my previous post....

and as the press release concerning the yamaha purchase states, line6 will be a wholly owned subsidiary...

for the time being nothing will change in normal day to day operations...

in fact the deal is not even final until sometime in January 2014... 

in other words... read and follow my previous post, if you want to hear directly from line6.

Well if you want an official reply .....you'd better ask Yamaha as they have bought line 6.
I got a feeling we won't be hearing anything.

• Upvote 1

TheRealZap

Posted Today, 05:10 PM

you were never going to hear anything here... as i stated in my previous post....

and as the press release concerning the yamaha purchase states, line6 will be a wholly owned subsidiary...

for the time being nothing will change in normal day to day operations...

in fact the deal is not even final until sometime in January 2014...

in other words... read and follow my previous post, if you want to hear directly from line6.

Like I said looks like we're not going to hear anything .....hopefully after the take over a new era of customer relations will dawn and we won't have to beg and grovel in front of the ultra gurus, hoping for tidbits of information ...only to be slapped down ( ever see the movie Oliver..."You want more?). The device is problematic, a permanent post should be placed on top of the forum ....or just cut to the chase and included a what to do when it fails set of instructions with each sonic port.

• Downvote 1