Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Trying to record screen capture "tutorial" video with Helix - audio issues


Diss
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to put together a screen capture recording for a friend showing how I'm mixing a song we've been working on across the pond from each other. 

 

What I'd like to do is be able to demonstrate the mixing process in my DAW (SONAR Platinum) while recording the audio of what I'm doing with the faders, etc. At the same time, I want to be able to record myself separately talking into a mic explaining what I'm doing and why. 

 

I'm using the Helix as my computer's soundcard and my DAW interface, and I've set up a mic into a separate Scarlett interface. My screen capture program (Movavi) can pull from two separate audio sources: "Microphone" and "System Audio". I've set up the "Microphone" input to pick up the mic attached to the Scarlett, and that works fine. The problem comes when trying to pick up audio from my DAW while it's playing. 

 

I've set the Helix as the default device in the audio control panel for both playback and recording, and when I play a system sound (Windows 10) on my computer, that shows up on the "System Audio" meter within Movavi.  However, when I play my track through my DAW, it doesn't register at all in my screen capture software audio meters. The volume meters also aren't registering at all in the Helix properties within the control panel when I'm playing through my DAW, so whatever the issue here, it doesn't seem related to the Movavi software. 

 

I get the feeling I'm just missing something based on a lack of knowledge in this area, but any help would be appreciated. What do I need to do to be able to have what I'm playing through my DAW be picked up and recognized in my screen capture software? Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...