Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Repeating Stutter Effect (NOT Volume or Killswitch)

thseeker

I discovered this idea from a Seattle band called These Arms Are Snakes. The guitarist, Ryan, used an Akai Headrush V1, would play a note, tap on/off the record real quick just to repeat that note very quickly.
Attached is a link to a song. You can hear the effect at these times - :31, :51, 1:51, 2:12, and a many more times in this song. 
https://thesearmsaresnakes.bandcamp.com/track/the-lollipop-sisters

I've used a DD-3 on the HOLD function which has been working for 5+ years but the function is only momentary and one additional thing I will do in some songs is change the delay time which is a pain when holding down the pedal and turning the knob. 

I've recently acquired a Red Panda Tensor specifically for this and it too is one absolutely amazing pedal. 
This company actually makes a pedal specifically modeled after Ryan's "stutter" effect which I have and works perfectly but trying to get this option on a Helix. https://www.breakfastaudio.com/product/mono-low-fi-stutter

I have seen 1 or 2 other topics semi-similar to this but this is not a killswitch, this is fast or slow, repeating note that can be speed up or slowed down. A volume block wont do this. A Tremolo wont do this. I already have a killswitch on every guitar for similar but different purposes. 
I already know how to get this done with a few other pedals as I've been doing it for years but seem to be having issues with getting this working on the Helix. 

Thanks everyone!