A few days ago I started writing up a long post about my update experience, but wasn't sure if there was much point since I had no issues whatsoever. I did think it might be nice to just add a positive experience, though, since I figured most people who were commenting on these boards were the ones running into problems.
I might as well just post a rundown of my experience. So, I got an email from Sweetwater about the 2.0 update and immediately jumped on it. I have a JTV-69 (Korean) and a Pod X3 Live. I almost always keep the JTV plugged into the Pod, so I hardly ever have to use a battery. With the JTV plugged into and powered by the Pod X3, I ran the Line 6 Monkey, connected to the JTV and proceeded with the update to 2.0. I hadn't read anything about the "proper procedure" to follow to get the update, I just plowed through it. I think the JTV had the modeling on with the volume at 10. I didn't have any custom patches I cared about enough, so I didn't have it save the patches. The update completed somewhat quickly with no issues at all. I played around for a bit and thought it sounded great. I was really interested in the new Workbench HD software, so I tried to run it, but quickly found that I couldn't use the Pod. Since I'd never even opened the Variax USB interface, I had to actually find it first!
After a few days I finally had time to look for and find the Variax USB Interface. I'm totally in love with the new Workbench HD software and have had a lot of fun playing around with all the options. I thought the Spank presets sounded fine, until they're opened up in Workbench HD. Then that bug appears in positions 2 and 4.
I'm definitely happy with the 2.0 update, especially since I don't rely heavily on the Spank presets (although I think they sound fine). The only issue I have is not being able to use my Pod as an interface in conjunction with the Workbench HD.