Got a DT25 a month ago, been experimenting with pairing it up with me POD HD400 since then. Some observations and questions:
1. By far, the best tone I can get seems to comes from going straight into the amp from the guitar. I'm not a high-gain player, more great cleans and then great distortions.
2. Using Link6 tech does give me a lot of flexibility, but the DT25's electronics seem to get in the way of a clear, musical tone. It sounds fuzzy, fake & brittle. IS THIS BECAUSE THE CAB MODELING IN THE HD400 SCREWS EVERYTHING UP?
3. If I bypass the HD400 amp/cab modeling entirely, and put the HD400 direct into the front of the amp (NOT using Link6) I still get not-awesomeness.
4. Up next, I'll plug guitar straight into the amp, then run the HD400 as an fx-only unit in the fx loop of the amp. And then, the dreaded four-cable method. :(
5. The MIDI editing of the on-board amp models is confusing at best. If I use an appropriate MIDI pedal, I am supposed to get 8 channels ?!? A/B, across the four "voicings"?
6. I have also ordered replacement tubes for the amp to see if does any better...
I love new tech & guitar ideas. SO far this setup gets about a 6.0 out of 10. Unless I get a better sound soon, back to GC it goes...please share your tips and tricks that can help me get to awesomeness!