I've had a POD500x for about half a year now and am pretty happy with it. This week I bought a DT25 in order to link up with the POD but it completely refuses to work.
I've followed the instructions of the manuals & Youtube video's several times but I really don't see what I'm doing wrong. Playing produces no sound and turning the knobs on the DT25 doesn't do anything on the display of the POD itself. This is what I'm trying:
1. Turn on POD. Go into settings and set output on "Combo Pwr Amp"
2. Confirm that the L6 settings are on left/right and Amp A(ch1)
3. Connect LINK with XLR cable and switch on DT25
4. Wait 15 seconds and try fiddling the knobs to see if it' works.
What I've also tried is:
1. Replacing the XLR cable (tried 3 different ones)
2. Downgraded my POD HD firmware back to 1.00
3. Re-upgraded to the newest one since that didn't work
4. Performed factory reset.
Is there anything else I can check? Is there a way to see if the problem is with the POD or the DT? I bought both devices from 2 different shops so I can't just take both of 'em to the same shop to test ... The shop I bought the DT25 from is also a neighboring country so sending it back for warranty could cost me some money which I'd like to avoid :-/ ... I'm grateful for any help!