Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MKII HD100 starts humming through the speaker cabinet.

sdweatherman

I have been using my HD100 for almost 3 years now with no issues. This past Saturday it started making a loud humming sound in my gain channels. I retubed it since it had not had a change of tubes since I bought it and it was fine for a day then started doing the same thing again. I turned off my active boost and set the volume to pre instead of post. My channel volume is at about 5 and master around 2. I am playing into a 4 ohm cabinet. The show we played had some brownout issues but it didnt seem to really effect anything. When the old tubes were tested, 1 preamp tube was discovered to be weak. The tubes are biased to 35mv as required. The only thing I can think of is that the cab I use was stated as being 8 ohms but I recently diacovwred it was 4 so started using the correct output. I had never had issues running it at 8 but to be safe I am running it the right way now. I have plugged into other cabinets with the same issue when I was in stage experiencing the issue. I have a gig in 2 days and I am looking for advice. The guitars I use are active pickup equiped and the batteries are fresh. Could it be some othe interference? Or is the active boost maybe an issue? I am hoping it isnt the board or a transformer or something expensive as I am on a budget. It doesnt seem to have the problem in clean. I also noticed that there is pops occasionally like when ya get when you connect a guitar out of standby. Any advice would be great.