Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Controlling POD HD500X w/ MIDI via Ableton

Jbradburybass

Hi Guys,

I'm just writing to get some more info on controlling the POD HD500X via MIDI w/ Ableton. I've read various posts and watched a bunch of vid tutorials but nothing has allowed me to do what I'm looking for - although I'm sure it's possible! Basically I am a bass player who's looking to do some live dubstep stuff - the POD is awesome for creating patches but I want to be able to write in control changes through MIDI to create more complex patterns. Here's an example of what I'm looking for....

The idea would to write the oscillations in automation in Ableton so when playing live they are triggered through the POD.

I haven't had any luck even getting Ableton to trigger control changes yet.. My queries are:

If I have the expression pedal assigned to a parameter within the patch do I then only need to control the pedal via MIDI or do I need to somehow control the individual parameter?

If anyone could provide some in-depth details regarding how I would go about setting this up it would be greatly appreciated! There's lots of details for guitarists changing patches & how to use the POD to control Ableton but nothing on these particular queries that I have found.

Cheers!