Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Valve HD100 Mk1 - Turning Fx Knob Resets Current Preset

DoomSDMF

Hello All,

So I recently picked up a used HD100 MK1 about 2 weeks ago and it was working perfectly until.... Was running the amp for a few hours so it was nice and warm and the issue seems to be when I turn the effects knob from its current position to another effect, the current preset/ amp model lights go dark and resets for a brief second. None of the other knobs cause this issue, just the effect's knobs. The amp sounds perfectly fine after the reset but this is obviously not normal. I did a little digging on the forum and youtube and came across the "Dsp board overheating" issue, Is this what causes resetting? I also came across a video on youtube with someone having the continuous reset loop problem which is similar to what happens minus the continuous part. Anyone else ever experience this problem before? It seems to be a little different from the other over heating issue Ive read about so before I rip the head apart and throw some heatsink's on Dsp board, I wanna make sure that will actually solve my issue and its not something else causing the problem.

Thanks in advanced for any helpful advice,