Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XD-V75 Transmitter Noise

tccc

Hi,

I've posted regarding this several times in the past, but never really managed to get a straight answer, so, a year or so later, I have my fingers crossed..!

I run 14 XD-V75 receivers and TBP12 beltpack transmitters, and also have a few handhelds. I've never had any issue with the handhelds, but have had the same issue with the beltpacks from the very beginning. They're unusable in RF1 mode because you get a weird digital error-correction type artifact intermittently on the audio. This occasionally happens in RF2 mode as well, but very rarely, so I just use them in RF2 mode. In either mode, some of the beltpacks give a high pitched whine - regardless of what mic is connected, or even if there's no mic connected. If you ground the transmitter by pressing it against your body, the whine disappears (and audio still passes perfectly fine).

All 14 are very early XD-V75 units (apparently from the first ever batch manufactured), and went in to the UK support centre a while ago to have the plastic TA4M input connectors replaced (because the locking notches had worn away), and they were unable to fix the whine issue at the time.

Since then, a Line 6 rep posted a while back saying that it was a known issue, and involved replacing a resistor and potentially another component on the TBP12 mainboard. I did call the support team after I'd seen that message, but the UK guys weren't aware of the 'known' problem or fix.

So, was there a known fault with the early TBP12s which caused this problem, and is there a definite fix?! Or are there people out there with more recent TBP12s which still experience the same noise?

For reference, the receivers are all racked correctly with an XD-AD8 antenna distributor, and P180 and P360 antennas.