Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording through Line 1 and 2 on Toneport UX2 into Ableton LE 6

stevenjbakker

Picked up an Alesis forge electronic drum kit and I am attempting to use the 2 line outputs (R / L) on the drum set module to connect to the two line inputs on the Toneport UX2 to record into Ableton LE 6 - I believe the issue I am having lies within the settings I am using in Gearbox - looking for some suggestions.  

When I connect the line outputs from the drum set to the line inputs on the UX2, I can hear everything I want to hear through my monitors and headphones (both directly connected to the UX2), when I have my input in gearbox set to "Line 1 & 2" - but I get no signal on my armed track in Ableton. 

When I change the gearbox input setting to a single line input (not sure if it's 1 or 2), I do get a signal in Ableton, but it's only on the right or left side - it's not stereo. 

I want to say that I have tried the "line stereo" input setting in gearbox as well - and I believe it works, but it gives me a completely mono signal which doesnt make sense to me.  

Wondering if there is step I am missing when trying to use the "line 1 and 2" input setting in gearbox that is stopping Ableton from picking up a signal. 

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!