Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Back trac with mic battery Replacement

dennisvaz

Thought I would put this out there. DON'T THROW AWAY YOUR LINE 6 BACK TRAC!!! I just finished replacing the battery in my Line 6 back trac with mike. It will probably be the same on all line 6's where it says you can't replace the battery. Mine works perfect now. Here goes... First separate the body, be careful doing this, do not pop the side panels completely off, notice that all you have to do is slip something behind it and just let the buttons slide out when separating. Everything stays in place. The battery is soldered in and held in place by double sided tape. Carefully take the battery off the tape. Check the battery type and order one on E Bay, about $7.00. 

You will now need a pencil type soldering iron and some fine electrical rosin core solder (these items are cheap), make sure there is Flux in the solder. (The solder is only 1/16 of an inch in dia). Heat up where the battery wires are soldered to the old battery and remove the wires there. This will give you extra wire in case you have to splice more than once. There is plenty of wire on the new battery. (Leave the wires as long as they are, there's plenty of room in the unit).  Strip back the wires on the new battery about 3/8 of an inch and the same on the wires attached to the unit. Twist red to red, and after soldered do black to black. Make sure the soldering gun is completed heated up. Hold the tip of the soldering gun under and against the wire until the wire is hot, place the solder on top of the wire and as soon as it melts into the joined wire remove the gun, let it cool and then tug on it gently to make sure it was soldered correctly. Don't pull to hard as these are fine wires. Do the same on the other wire. Now you will need Liquid Black Tape, it comes in a small can. Cote the two connection's making sure to keep them separated and to completely dry. Then put a piece of black electrical tape on one or both if you want.  After the new battery is soldered in and before putting it back together, plug in the USB cable to be sure it works correctly. If all is good get a piece of double sided tape and stick the new battery back. Carefully put it back together. ALL DONE! This does not take long, and it's not hard to do.

Here's what you need.... Soldering pencil, Fine electrical Rosin core solder, small piece of double sided tape, liquid electrical tape and some black tape.