Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bass/Guitar/Vocal Set up With L3T/L3S

Hey everyone!!!

I recently won the 20th anniversary giveaway and super stoked about it. Prior had the JTV 69 and the HD500X. I now have a complete separate set up having won the JTV 59 and the Helix. All that has led me to making this topic though.

I am a guitarist/bassist and do some background vocals. I have a band that I am trying out for soon on both guitar and bass.

My current gear:

For bass, I have an old Behringer 4x10 cab that the horn has bit the dirt on that i connected to a Crown Power-Base 1 and a rack mounted Bass POD XT.

Guitar is definitely my newer instrument as I only have a Orange Micro Terror and the tiny cab that pairs with it (maybe a 1x8?)

My Plans:

I want to buy a L3T and an L3S and run both the guitar and bass through the Helix to these speakers.

(Also am usually the one who brings a small PA for parties and such BTW)

First question:

Is this an advisable system for running Guitar and Bass through?

Second question:

If i do go through with this, having duties with backup vocals, do i have the idea of set up correct?

(Guitar/Bass) ===> (Helix XLR L/Mono Out) ===>

\

>Side mixer of L3T set to Ref/PA (L6 linked both ways with L3S)

/

(Shure SM57s or Blue Equivelent) ==========>

I assume this will make a great PA for small parties for just music and maybe 1 mic use also. Any other opinions/ideas, please advise. I'm all about learning as much as I can.

Thanks y'all!!!