Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Basics about the Dream Rig's DSP

Shaamaan

Hello, bedroom guitarist here.

I thought I understood the HD500, at least back when I didn't have a DT25 for it. It, then, made some sense to use two amps in parallel, and stuff placed after the amp would still "work", i.e. I could hear the effects placed after the amps and the mixer.

But since I got the DT25 connected I've noticed the effects after the amp... stopped working? Is that possible? Basically it seems everything before the amp is actually added and played, while everything after... isn't. Perhaps if I had recorded stuff on my PC via the USB I would get that other stuff as well, but I'm not sure at the moment.

Could someone explain the basics on how the DSP works in a HD500+DT25 combo situation, please?

OK, I figured it out. It's the L6 Link setting that was mis-configured. Apparently it has a number of options - Amp A/B/A+B and L/R/L+R. I had it set to Amp A. I'm still a bit unsure why would anyone need this setting (I guess it's needed when multiple DT amps are used?) but switching to L+R solves my issues.