Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issues With Changing & Saving Settings on a POD xt Live

Hello,
I am having issues with a used POD xt Live unit. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it, and I have also looked around the support forums here and haven't been able to find any relevant information.
I recently purchased this unit from a local musician I have known for many many years. He mentioned that he had barely used the unit since he had bought a long time ago, and that it was just sitting in its case without getting much action.
I didn't get a chance to play around the unit at first since I was trying to figure out the best configuration for me to use. Long story short, my main configuration is to use the board with an amp, but to connect to the cd input of the amp and not the main input, and set the board to accept a line input. 
Once I figured this out, I started playing around with the board, which did not last long. I had picked and adjusted all the configurations and effects, and I was very happy with the sound that I was getting. I saved everything on a channel and decided to switch to another channel just to make sure everything was saved. Well, I did that and once I switched back to the channel I was working on, all my configurations were changed and lost. 
Since then, nothing really works as it should on the board. Even the simplest actions do not end in expected results. If I save a setting on a channel, it changes that setting on all the channels within a bank. If I pick an amp model for one channel, it changes the amp models on all channels within the same bank. When things seemed to work normally, I also noticed that if I didn't save a configuration (eg: the detail settings of an effect) and moved on to the next item, my previous settings would be lost once I went back to it. So I had to save every single change before moving on. I am not sure if this is supposed to be the normal behaviour of the system.
I should also mention that this issue happens regardless of whether I am connected to an amp or not.
I have tried resetting the firmware to factory default, and I am still getting the same result. I am really at a loss as what could be causing this and how to fix it, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

• 1 month later...