Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Gain staging on some stomp effects

Some stomp effects do not have a gain level, and increase the volume way too much when engaged. Alternatively, on some effects, even when the gain is at zero, the volume still noticeably increases when they are engaged. For example (from memory), the AutoWah, CleanSweep and Bronze Master are too loud to simply enable with the stomp switch, without either turning my guitar volume down, or using another patch slot to reduce the volume of the amp. Other effects, like Killer Z, have their default so high that when scrolling through the effects list, I have to be really careful that my guitar is totally muted, otherwise I get blasted.

I don't understand why the techs didn't have these problems in the lab, before these units went into production?

Does anyone else have this kind of volume problem, or is it just me?

Also, some synth effects such as 'Pod Purple X', 'Synth Lead', Dingo-Tron (from memory) are musically unusable because they just make off-pitch rumbles and squeaks.

Or is there something wrong with my unit?

• 1 year later...