Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lead Boost For Hd500x

dej991

I have developed some patches that i really enjoy playing.  My question is how to "boost" them with a foot switch for a lead or solo part?  I am not interested in using the expression pedal for volume in this situation as i am using it for a wah.

i would like to assign a foot switch (FS1 through FS4) to give a "volume boost.

thanks,

DJ

I use the Q Filter. It allows me the ability to boost in the frequency range of my choice. Also the Tube Comp set at 100% threshold and 0% level. Also try Adjusting the vetta juice comp. If u are still not happy use an eq such as the Studio Eq at default high and low and boost the gain. (never tried this one for myself just have seen it mentioned. Never had to go past the Q Filter). I also like the Mid Focus EQ.

If you're not already using it for something else, plug a short jumper cable from the FX loop send to the FX Loop L/Mono return, and put an FX Loop block in your patch. Set the send to 0 DB, and the return to whatever DB of boost you want. Assign that to any foot switch for a clean boost for solos. Put it at the end of the chain if you want a plain clean boost, or in front of an amp or dist pedal to drive them harder if you want more gain.