Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I scripted a remote-control for HX Stomp...

esp901

Hi all.

I am new user of the HX Stomp Red Edition. Because I use it only at home (sadly I am no longer guitarist in a band...) I like to control things with my pc-keyboard.

Luckily I found a free commandline-midi-tool named https://github.com/gbevin/SendMIDI/releases" sendmidi.exe" from a brilliant dutch guy. My part was only to program a user interface to send the available midi-cc commands to

the hx stomp. It works surprisingly well. But try it for yourself. It is completely open source and does not need to be installed. I programmed it with "AutoHotKey". I f you like to improve the code or edit it to your personal needs, feel free to do so You could

decompile the EXE to change things to your personal needs or make it somehow more pretty. Easier is, to open the exe with notepad - at the end of all the cryptic signs you seebthe blank source code, which you can edit now.

Preparations: 

You need the program AND the above mentioned sendmidi.exe both in the same place (I don't bundle both programs - I don't know if the author of sendmidi.exe allows that). Your HX Stomp has to be ON and connected to your Windows-Computer

via USB. Normally that's it. If you now start my program, also starts a blank command-line-window. It should show already the place where the two exe-files are located. You can first send the command "sendmidi.exe dev list" to see if your device named  "Line 6 HX Stomp" is an available MIDI-Out-Device. As sendmidi.exe does not force you to write the exact devicename,

I coded the commands by only "Line". Therefore there is a good chance, that your different device, lets say Line 6 Helix, can also be remote-controlled (at least the few things, that can be changed via midi-cc).

And of course: if you like to conrol the builtin looper,  the 1switch-looper has to be present in your Patch...

One thing I could not manage to script properly is to send the exact bpm-tempo. You can insert e.g. 120 to the edit-field and the result will be a little different. Shame on me. Or you tap your tempo....

By the way: sendmidi is also available for mac and linux. But my script is only for Windows.

Have Fun 

sjQFjhj.png

Line6HXStompRemoteV1.1.exe

• Upvote 1