Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10T not charging or connecting to G10S

soundsgood89

I have had the unit for about 2 weeks now. When I first got the unit I plugged the transmitter in to charge and had no issue. I have used it twice for about 2 hours each time since then with no issues. I went to charge it again and now it wont charge. I have made sure that I am plugging it in all the way and used a flashlight to check that nothing made its way in to the 1/4" jack. When i plug it in to the G10S the whole unit acts identical to when it is plugged into a guitar. The transmitter lights up solid green, the wireless signal strength gives me 3 solid green lights, and the battery level indicator gives me 1 solid green light. After 4 minutes the transmitter goes to sleep. I have only used the 9v power cable that came with the g10s to power the unit (with the exception of right now when the unit is powered via USB from my computer.) I successfully installed the latest firmware into the G10S base, but the computer does not see the G10T transmitter. It also may be worth mentioning when not in use I always store the G10T in the G10S by pushing it all the way in then pulling it out one click so it is held in there securely but not trying to charge the entire time and I do not leave the G10S unit powered up all the time, only when in use. Where should i go from here?

• 3 months later...

Same issue here. I’ve had it for 2 months, worked fine during that time; but now I can’t get it to charge no matter what I do.

I’ve upgraded firmware, left it “charging” for dayssssss. When I push it in the base, there is barely even a flashing red light. Any ideas on how to fix this would be GREAT. 

I am having the same problem. I have a G10S, along with a second transmitter.

Original G10S and transmitter had been working fine for about nine months, second transmitter rotated in no problems for a few months. Then about six weeks ago both transmitters stopped charging. Sent everything in and they replaced it all. Now after a couple of weeks one of the transmitters isn't charging (just barely flashing red as above) again.

Really frustrating, warranty will be up on the original G10S in June so need to get this resolved or it all will have to go back for a refund.

Wanted to give an update.

After plugging the transmitter in/out of the charger a dozen times or so over the past couple of days it finally went to a state where the red LEDs came on full brightness instead of dim. Left it in and it seemed to have charge OK.

It seems as if a firmware update is needed to get the charging started under some conditions.

I am going to try and not let the transmitters get discharged all of the way and see if that helps prevent this situation.