Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any experience using the Stomp for both acoustic and electric live?

plawl

I'm the utility guy in a band that has to play electric, acoustic, and sometimes mandolin.  I'd like to simplify things and not haul as much gear.  Thinking about some kind of hybrid setup that would give me stage volume through a powered amp or cab (not interested in a FRFR monitor), and still be able to utilize modeling and run sound direct to FOH.

Seen guys use the send on the HX Stomp for a PowerStage 170 and run that out to a cabinet to get some stage volume without an IR.  The two main outs are used for the FOH guy with an IR.  I know I have to mess around in HX Edit and split the signal to get this to work correctly.

I started experimenting and dialed in an electric guitar patch with the Stomp in the loop of my AER acoustic amp and I was pleasantly surprised.  Then I switched over to the acoustic patch with my acoustic and nothing.  I was at a rehearsal and didn't get much of a chance to jump in there and tweak settings so I plugged it straight into the front of the amp it worked, but it didn't sound great.

I know I'll have to get in there and mess around a bit but thought I'd see if other guys are using the HX Stomp in a similar setting.

Cheers,