Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powercab 112 plus beamyness

mikeabbs67

Is there a trick to getting a fuller and more consistent sound standing anywhere but directly in front of the 112Pluss?   It sounds great when it's pointed at my ears but as I move away it sounds like a blanket has been placed on the speaker.   I played a small outdoor gig with just the powercab and not going direct into the system, and I felt like I was playing thorugh a 5 watt Fender champ.....  My sound was just so small.  My Marshall DSL never had this issue.   I realize closed backs are more directional but this was extremely directional.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps a Weber Beam Blocker?
I have tried them in conventional cabinets and they do create a slight improvement.  It's not a huge difference but it is discernible.

It was widely rumoured years ago that Stevie Ray Vaughan used to attach small pieces of duct tape to the grille cloth of his amps; placed it over the center of the speaker to cover the dome.

• Like 1