Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Some very basic questions on POD Go

andrewcel

Hi,

Apologies in advance for this because a lot of this is going to be quite simple I just don't always know what I'm doing and I don't know much of the technical stuff (yet).

So I've been playing the bass for about a year, I play with a Jam Band locally and also record online with a friend of mine (via garageband) for which I currently use a Focusrite Scarlet

Decided to treat myself to a POD Go at xmas to spice up my bass tones a bit and also with a view to learning 6 string this year and giving that a bit of oomph too! I have got it up and running, managed to load a presets to it from customtone downloads and can do some of the basics now.

Questions are as follows

1. I had been plugging my iphone in to my focusrite and through headphones then been able to play music over the top or use Jamzone...what do I need to plug in where to achieve the same thing? I was also doing the same thing to record and was hoping to phase out the focusrite

2. I don't yet have the skills or ear to make my own presets so will just be downloading for the time being. There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of bass specific ones on customtone which I understand - are there any other resources i can use before i work out how to make them myself?

3. Is there any set way of producing a preset? i.e. if i want to get something sounding authentic for the Jam Band can i use an online resource to somehow get something close to original bass sound?

Sorry if these are pretty basic questions, I have been trawling the net where I can for answers but sometimes it's not all that obvious to me!

Thanks in advance

• Like 1