Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Loss of volume after a few minutes

jackwagner

I reported this in the Bug thread, but wanted to put it here too, in case someone else is having the same issue.

An issue that I reported on September 14, 2017 regarding loss of volume over a period of time is back.

On 5/26/2023, I update the firmware on my Helix Rack from 3.15 to 3.60. I have a preset for bass that has 2 paths:

Path 1 has an input, compressor, amp+cab, compressor, volume, IR, and output blocks. Input comes from Return 1; output is MULTI. This path processes the neck pickup from my bass.

Path 2 has an input, Mic Preamp, and output blocks. Input comes from Return 4; output is MULTI. This path processes the bridge pickup from my bass.

When I select the preset, everything works as expected for a few minutes. After a few minutes (maybe 5 or so minutes), I no longer get any volume from Path 1. I don't really notice that it gets quieter over time, just that any signal/volume from Path 1 is gone after a while. When I switch to a different preset and then back to this preset it works as expected again. For another few minutes.

The issue may not have been introduced in 3.6 since I upgraded from 3.15 to 3.6.

--jack